Add To Home Screen enables your WordPress installation to appear in the mobile home screen of your readers, among their favorite applications. This is not just a bookmark to your site, Add To Home Screen is the first step for your site to leverage a complete app-like experience.
- Install the plugin from the WordPress.org plugin directory
- Activate the plugin
- Clone or download the project repository
- Install bower and composer, enter the
wp-add-to-homescreenfolder of the repository and run
composer install && bower install.
- Copy (or symlink) the
wp-add-to-homescreenfolder inside your WordPress installation plugins directory.
- Enable the plugin from the admin panel.
- What platforms support Add To Home Screen feature?
Almost all browsers support adding bookmarks to the home screen but complete Add To Home Screen feature is currently supported by Chrome and Opera. Add To Home Screen banner is only supported by Chrome right now.
Updated dependencies include performance improvements and error fixing.
Relying on composer’s autoload to manage plugin dependencies.
Fixed a case typo in a route which caused the plugin to not work.