IMPORTANT: Make sure you are using the right plugin.
- Next/Previous Page Link Plus is intended for use in page templates.
- Next/Previous Post Link Plus is intended for use in single post templates.
The two plugins have similar sounding, but different, function names. If you mistakenly install the wrong plugin, you will get a “call to undefined function” error. If you want to create next/previous links for your posts (including custom post types), please check out:
This plugin creates two new template tags — next_page_link_plus and previous_page_link_plus — which may be used to generate next/previous navigation links for pages. The new tags include the following options:
- Sort the next/previous page links on any column, including alphabetically, by date, and by menu_order.
- Sort the next/previous links on custom fields (both string and integer sorts are supported).
- Loop around to the first page if there is no next page (and vice versa).
- Retrieve the first/last page, rather than the previous/next page (for First|Previous|Next|Last navigation links).
- Display the featured image alongside the links (WordPress 2.9 or higher).
- Truncate the link titles to any length, and display custom text in the tooltip.
- Display the title, date, author, and meta value of the next/previous links.
- Specify a custom date format for the %date variable.
- Restrict next/previous links to same parent page, author, or custom field value.
- Exclude or include individual page IDs.
- Return multiple next/previous links (e.g. the next N links, in an HTML list).
- Return the ID, title, date, href attribute, or post object of the next/previous links, instead of echoing them to the screen.
- Return false if no next/previous link is found, so themes may conditionally display alternate text.
Extensive documentation on configuring the plugin may be found here:
- Upload ambrosite-page-link-plus.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Edit your page template(s), and insert the next_page_link_plus and previous_page_link_plus template tags where you want your next/previous links to be displayed. Configure them using parameters as explained in the online documentation:
- How exactly do I install this plugin? Which file needs to be edited, and where do I put the code?
- I am getting a “call to undefined function” error. Why?
- How can I get rid of the arrows on my next/previous links?
- Is this plugin compatible with page reordering plugins like PageMash, My Page Order, CMS Tree Page View, and Post Types Order?
- I am using a custom field with a simple integer value to order my pages, but they’re not sorting correctly. Why?
- I am seeing the number ‘1’ printed next to my links. Why?
- Is there any way to use an image instead of link text?
Answers to these questions may be found here:
Ambrosite Next/Previous Page Link Plus はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Added ‘in_same_meta’ parameter.
- Added ‘return’ parameter to specify what should be returned from the function.
- Added ‘date_format’ parameter for customizing the %date variable.
- Added %title variable to ‘format’ parameter.
- Added option to sort on custom fields as integers rather than strings.
- Added new classes to anchor tags, thumbnails, and list items to aid CSS styling.
- Initial version.