This plugin brings topics geolocation to bbPress, and can filter topics by location and radius.
It has been originally developped for a classified ads forum.
- Works both for frontend & backend
- Users can set the location of a post manually or automatically (HTML Geolocation API)
- Geocoding using the Nominatim API by Open Street Maps
- Search posts by location and radius
We don’t have a running demo anymore. If you use this plugin and would like to be featured here, please contact us.
Donations are needed to help maintain this plugin. Please consider supporting us.
This would be very appreciated — Thanks !
For feature request and bug reports, please use the Github Issues Tracker.
If you are a plugin developer, we would like to hear from you. Any contribution would be very welcome.
- Copy this plugin directory to
- Activate plugin.
bbPress Topic Location はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- handle ‘HTML Geolocation API’ requires HTTPS better
- 5 years after, it’s alive again !
- updated for WP 5.3.2
- code cleaned and improved
- geocoding using (Nominatim API)[https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/]
- HTTPS notice
- Added admin settings
- New template functions bbptl_post_has_geo(), bbptl_post_address(), bbptl_get_post_address(), bbptl_post_latitude(), bbptl_get_post_latitude(), , bbptl_post_longitude(), bbptl_get_post_longitude()
- Added class ‘has-location’ for topics and replies having a location
- Various code improvements
- Allow to get results without search terms set (see functions bbpress_add_dummy_keyword and bbpress_remove_dummy_keyword)
- when geolocated posts are found, displays distance between origin point and post location
- bbPress custom search widget, with geolocation parameters
- ability to search forum posts by location (and radius)
- code refactoring
- ‘Guess my location’ now returns a readable address instead of coordinates
- 2 new files : bbptl-ajax.php & bbptl-template-tags.php
- Uses native bbpress functions
- Bugs fixed
- Clode cleanup
- Screenshots, readme update, css fixes.
- Initial launch