Inspired by the good work done on Blogger Importer, this plugin tries to fill the gap including import for pages, a theme-friendly formatting conversion, compatibility with Blogger 301 Redirect plugin and more over.
Blogger Importer Extended can:
- Import posts
- Import pages
- Import tags
- Import comments
- Import images
- Import links
- Convert formatting
- Preserve slugs
- Due to Google APIs daily quota limitations the importer can be unavailable, try later.
- Due to Google policies, Blogger API v3 are only accessible through manually approved web services, so, any imported content (posts, pages, comments, etc…) go through our web service, only public contents are processed, no private data, no anything else.
- The importer stopped unexpectedly, why?
The importer can stop for several reasons, most frequently reasons are:
- Restart: when you refresh the browser page 2 or more import processes can be together active, so, BIE waits for the first one finish its work.
- Timeout: the browser, a proxy, or something else, breaks the import process for some reason, usually a timeout.
- Quota exceeded: BIE uses the Google Blogger APIs, these grant a limited number of requests per day and per second, if the quota is exceeded, the importer stops.
This plugin saved my life while migrating my blog including pages, posts and media to WordPress. All tags will be migrated as keywords by default. This was super easy and quick. Run once and don't delete anything afterwards: I did the mistake and deleted my posts because I thought I messed something up with the keywords but this was due to an import with another tool. Long story short, the second time it won't import anything because it remembers it has been alread imported. Solution was to restore WordPress database and run it again. Thank you for the plugin - donation done 😉
- Improvements on formatting conversion
- Fix for page comments
- Fix for unexpected timeout
- Fix for alert loop
- Workaround for imprecision in denormalized counters
- Fix for posts without slug