rtMedia is the only complete media solution for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress, and is WordPress.com VIP compatible.
Built with a mobile-first approach, it works on mobile/tablet devices (like iPhone/iPad, Android).
If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the long list of features in subsequent sections and just explore live demos!
Since rtMedia has many features video doesn’t include all features:
- WordPress Integration – Display media on WordPress author pages ( eg: http://demo.rtmedia.io/author/admin/media/ )
- BuddyPress Integration – Find a new media tab under BuddyPress Profiles & Groups.
- BuddyPress Activity Stream – Attach media to activity status updates just like Facebook.
- Albums – Organise media into manageable collections. BuddyPress Group albums support collaboration.
- Responsive – Album Slideshow (Lightbox), video player, uploads work on mobiles & tablets. Support for swipe guestures.
- Privacy – Control who can see media files, albums and BuddyPress activities.
- Templating system – Completely customise rtMedia by modifying the template files. Just copy over the template folder to your theme.
- Featured Media – This can be used for facebook-style cover photo on profiles.
- rtMedia Uploader – Use
<?php rtmedia_uploader() ?>template tag, to show drag-n-drop uploader in any WordPress area (post, page, custom-post, etc).
- rtMedia Gallery – Display media gallery anywhere on your site using
<?php rtmedia_gallery ?>template tag.
- Upload-Terms – This feature is useful to set terms of services page on website during user upload media on website.
rtMedia has a premium solution to take care of audio/video conversion.
- Audio/Video Transcoding Service – If free plan is not enough for you, there is monthly subscription service also. Easiest to setup.
rtMedia Premium Features
- Instagram-Effects – Users can apply Instagram like filters to photos.
- Photo-Tagging – Users can tag their friends/other users in photos.
- Photo-Watermark – rtMedia Photo Watermark feature let you watermarked or copyright your uploaded photos.)
- Membership – It provides membership functionality in your site.
- Social-Sync – It allows you to import media from your Facebook account.
- myCRED-Points – It allows you to integrate rtMedia with myCRED and award virtual points for various rtMedia activities, like media upload, likes, deleted, albums creation, playlist, etc.
- Playlists – This feature is used to create a playlist for uploaded music file with rtMedia.
- Favorites – This feature allows users to create their own list of favorite media.
- Moderation – This feature is for reporting media if user find offensive.
- Custom-Attributes – This feature is for categorizing media using attributes defined by site owner when uploading.
- Docs-and-Other-files – This feature allows uploading for doc, pdf and other file types such as zip, tar, etc.
- Default-Albums – This feature allows the creation of multiple default albums for rtMedia uploads.
- Podcast-Feed – Read rtMedia uploads from iTunes as well as any RSS feed-reader/podcasting software.
- Restrictions – Site admin can set limits in terms of total size & file count.
- bbPress-Attachments – Attach media files to bbPress forum topics and replies.
- WordPress-Sitewide-Gallery – Site admin can create and upload media into WordPress album.
- WordPress-Comment-Attachments – Allow users to upload a media file in WordPress comment attachment box.
- Social-Sharing – Share uploaded media on social network sites like Facebook, twitter, linkedin, Google+. This addon integrate with rtSocial plugin.
- Sidebar-Widgets – This feature provide widgets to upload media and display gallery for rtMedia plugin.
- 5-Star-Ratings – User can rate the media files from 1 to 5 star.
- Edit-Mp3-Info-(ID3 Tags) – Allow user to edit MP3 FIle Audio tags (ID 3 tags).
- Sorting – Sort uploaded media based on file size, ascending/descending title, upload date of media.
- Bulk-Edit – Allow users to move files from one album to another, change attributes, change privacy, delete files in bulk.
- BuddyPress-Profile-Picture – Allow users to set their profile picture from existing uploaded media file.
- Album-Cover-Art – Allow users to set album cover from uploaded image.
- Direct-Download-Link – This feature provide a download button for all the uploaded media.
- Upload-by-URL – Allow users to upload media using absolute URL.
- Likes – This feature let you know who liked media. User can also see which media file he/she liked under user profile.
- Activity-URL-Preview – This feature provides a preview of the URL that is shared and shows up on BuddyPress activity.
- View-Counter – Enable view count for all the uploaded media.
- Shortcode-Generator – The shortcode generator button added in WordPress post and page editor for all the rtMedia shortcodes.
- Album-Privacy – Set album privacy when user create new albums or edit album.
- BuddyPress-Group-Media-Control – Allow group owner to provide media upload feature for their group.
- Set-Custom-Thumbnail-for-Audio/Video – Allow media owner to change the thumbnail of uploaded audio/video files.
- rtMedia-SEO – Generate XML sitemap of all the public media files uploaded via rtMedia plugin, also compatible with Yoast-SEO plugin if you are already using on your site.
- Project Homepage
- GitHub – Please mention your wordpress.org username when sending pull requests.
- Translations – Please do NOT use Github for translations. Instead Use this GlotPress project
- Henry Wright has kindly sponsored the Featured Media feature.
- 优素映像 (Yousu Image) has sponsored the latest Like feature which doesn’t depend on BuddyPress, any more.
- Richard Ellis has sponsored the profile picture along with the link back to the profile in the media pop ups.
rtMedia includes full translation support. Head over to the translation project to contribute your translations. If you don’t see the language of your choice, let us know in the support forum, we’ll add it.
- Dutch translation by [carry2web] (https://profiles.wordpress.org/carry2web)
- Italian translation by [Paolo]
- Dutch translation by rjpj
- Polish translation by Polski_Ziom
- Spanish translation by Andrés Felipe and [d3ne]
- Solvak translation by igid26
- Italian translation by [Yukiko.Kawa]
- Persian translation by mahdiar
- German translation by [hannes.muc]
(Note: Credits are given for translations that are at least 50% complete.)
rtMedia uses the following projects/sources for some functionality
- Install the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ section in your dashboard (Go to
Plugins > Add New > Searchand search for rtMedia).
- Alternatively, you can download the plugin from the repository. Unzip it and upload it to the plugins folder of your WordPress installation (
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation).
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ section.
rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Mangesh Parte
- Sanket Parmar
- Pranali Patel
- Jignesh Nakrani
- Manish Songirkar
- Kiran Potphode
- Yahil Madakiya
- Ritesh Patel
- Sagar Jadhav
- Pushpak Patel
- Udit Desai
- Rahul Bansal
- Joshua Abenazer
- Gagan Deep Singh
- Umesh Nevase
- Hrishikesh Vaipurkar
- Jay Kanakiya
- Rafael Funchal
- Umesh Kumar
- Mehul Kaklotar
- Waltteri Turunen
- Chandra Patel
- Siddharth Thevaril
- Milind More
- Thrijith Thankachan
- Abhijit Rakas
- Mitesh Thakor
- Ashwini Joshi
- Juhi Saxena
- Ravat Parmar
- Dharmin Shah
- Malav Vasita
- Pooja N Muchandikar
- Suraj Singh
- Kanu Malivad
- Adarsh Verma
- Kapil Paul
- Mohammad Rockeybul Alam
- Vipin Kumar Dinkar
- Pavan Patil
- Sabbir Ahmed
- Kamal Ahmed
- Vishal Kakadiya
- Vishal Kumar
4.6.12 [June 16, 2022]
- Compatible with BP-Rewrites latest version.
- Compatible with with WordPress latest version 6.0.
- UI/UX Issues.
- Fixed album count issue for non-admin user and group albums.
- Fixed Video thumbnail issue.
4.6.11 [April 27, 2022]
- UI/UX Enhancements on Forms and rtMedia settings sidebar.
- UI/UX Issues.
- Fixed media is not visible on the group page after adding a comment.
- Twitter button share issue from rtMedia settings sidebar.
- Fixed Post update button not working when allow upload from activity stream setting from BuddyPress tab is disabled.
- Fixed count issue for album.
4.6.10 [February 17, 2022]
- Compatible with WordPress latest version v5.9.
- Compatible with latest version of BuddyPress v10.0.0.
- Edit media option on activity stream with BuddyPress Edit Activity.
- UI/UX Fixes.
- Fix media count not updating issue.
- Fix fatal error related to Buddypress group if it is not enabled.
4.6.9 [December 16, 2021]
- Added album search functionality.
- Added capability to group admin and mod to edit/delete the album.
- UI/UX issues.
- Able to upload media to comment if the activity steam option is disabled.
- Fixed pagination issue.
- Fixed RTL issues.
4.6.8 [October 26, 2021]
- UI/UX issues.
- Count issues on adding/deleting media.
- Typo in error message and multisite activity filter query.
- Upload media from side-wide gallery.
4.6.7 [September 16, 2021]
- Provided media attachment for all levels in activity comment reply
- Compatible with WordPress v5.8.1
- Removed default download button for video player
- Blank activity generation on uploading unsupported media
- Broken links of theme’s under rtMedia settings
- PHP Warnings & Notices
4.6.6 [December 30, 2020]
- Added fading effect for the media lightbox
- UI/UX issues
- JS errors/notices
4.6.5 [November 23, 2020]
- UI/UX issues
- Issue with attachment when creating support ticket
- Media not appearing in Profile/Group when uploading from BuddyPress’ sitewide activity stream
4.6.4 [July 16, 2020]
- Support for Amazon S3 presigned URLs
- Add attachment_ids in
- Console errors on media editing
- Extension getting changed when renaming media before upload
- Activities not in sync with other subsites in a multisite network, when each subsite has a separate BuddyPress activity feed
- PHP Notices and Warnings
- Comment nesting issue with media activities
- Wrong timestamp while adding comments
4.6.3 [April 30, 2020]
- Conflict with Yoast SEO plugin
- Wrong Date/Time stamp for media
4.6.2 [April 22, 2020]
- Redirecting to admin’s WallPost album
- Preview not loading for Docs and Other files in lightbox
- Custom css not applying when added from rtMedia settings’ custom css tab
- Too many redirections on BuddyPress’ privacy page
- Unable to delete media from lightbox and single media page
- Likes on media comment not working
- PHP errors and warning
4.6.1 [April 9, 2020]
- Disable the terms of service checkbox when the activity is published
- Different language characters not showing up properly on rtMedia pages
- HTML warnings of rtMedia contents
- Nouveau template tab count bug
- Added server side validation for terms of service
- Terms of service checkbox conflicting with rtMedia Sidebar Widgets addon
- PHPCS errors and warnings
4.6.0 [February 17, 2020]
- Show long text truncated with read more option and image displayed below the truncated text on activity
- Error uploading media in comments with Kleo theme
- Album styling when masonry style is disabled
- The template loaded on media page when nouveau template is set
- Compatibility issues with PHP 7.4.1
- UI related bugs
- Notices and Warnings
4.5.11 [December 26, 2019]
- Add better styling for albums
- Redirection popup on Media upload in Activity stream
4.5.10 [December 26, 2019]
- Warnings on Support page of rtMedia Settings
- Issue with rtMedia Update filter on BuddyPress activity wall
4.5.9 [October 29, 2019]
- Add new class on activity page based on the uploaded media type
- Post Update button issue with BuddyPress Nouveau template
- Issue when user uploads the media with link in comment on buddypress activity
4.5.8 [August 6, 2019]
- Duplicate media creation when posted from lightbox and activity creation for media comments kept off from settings
- Upload terms and direct upload compatibility while commenting from activity
- Overlapped media file name in BuddyPress Legacy template
- Issue with uploader container which gets hidden after media upload on activity page
- Fix default theme css enqueue for BuddyPress templates.
- Minor UI bug Fixes
4.5.7 [June 12, 2019]
- Duplicate media comment issue on Activity page
- Add title attribute for Media Likes
- Improve UI of Media Page title
- Issue of entering text in text area when Direct Upload and Upload terms enabled together
- UI of pagination button height and text field
- Export/Import button issue in Firefox browser
- Issue of direct upload and media was not opening in lightbox with TwentySeventeen theme v2.1
- Empty space issue for generated activity when media is uploaded without adding text
- Other Errors, Warnings and notices
- Group Activity media are not shown in Group Media tab with BuddyPress Nouveau Template
- User’s name autosuggestion
- Issue with multiple file upload from activity with non admin user account
4.5.6 [February 18, 2019]
- Threaded comment and comment count issue with BuddyPress Profile and Group Activity feed.
- Duplicate activity feed comment issue.
- Edited Media size reflection issue in BuddyPress activity feed.
4.5.5 [January 22, 2019]
- Gallery Media search with space in media name.
- Add Friend button on media tab and UI fixes.
- Masonry UI disorder for media with thumbnail.
- UI issues in lightbox view of single media.
- Anchor tag issue for activity generated after adding media.
- Media upload issue on posting public messages.
- UI for Member name in media tab.
- Issue with redirect attribute value in uploader shortcode.
- Issue with posting activity updates when terms and conditions is enabled.
- Issue with upload terms when sidebar widget is active on activity page.
- Issue with ‘rtmedia_no_media_found_message_filter’ functionality.
4.5.4 [October 17, 2018]
- Load More button issue with BuddyPress activity feed.
- Non authorized pdf files on WordPress uploads directory.
4.5.3 [October 11, 2018]
- Default album deletion issue for personal data erase request
- Media privacy issue while editing media under moderation
- Broken media URL with multisite Doc
- Lightbox scroll in mobile devices
- The issue with Load more button showing when there are no BuddyPress activities
- Media privacy issue with BuddyPress Nouveau template
- Compatibility of BuddyPress activity media upload section with Nouveau template
- “Read More” link issue on BuddyPress Activity post with the Nouveau template
- Upload terms error message visibility issue with rtMedia uploader using BuddyPress legacy template
- “media_title” attribute issue with uploader shortcode
- Updated correct support link on plugin’s support tab
- Disabled Post Update button issue while adding BuddyPress Public Message post
- An issue for the “redirect” attribute used with uploader shortcode
- Warnings and Notices
4.5.2 [July 11, 2018]
- Added translation support for “Search Media” string
- PHP notices
- Issue with media privacy and search caused by conditional check for Nouveau template
- Nouveau template issue with the error message of Upload terms in BuddyPress Activity stream
4.5.1 [June 20, 2018]
- Empty textbox validation under the terms settings
- Minor bugs
4.5.0 [June 19, 2018]
- Updated BuddyPress templates for version 3.0.0
- Added functionality to Import/Export rtMedia admin settings Doc
- Integrated with new personal data Erase/Export tools in WordPress 4.9.6 Doc
- Added upload terms premium feature to rtMedia core with this version Doc
- Added admin setting to show optional privacy notice to users Doc
- Added filter to change background color, text color and position of privacy message strip Doc
- Removed affiliate support with this version
- Added filter to change position of group media tab Doc
- Added filter to modify text of Media tab Doc
- Improved performance by adding conditional check before enqueuing scripts and styles
- PHP notice and warnings
- Fix issue while WordPress user deletion on multi-site setup
- Load more button issue under the Music tab
4.4.8 [May 22, 2018]
- Fix issue with latest BuddyPress release.
4.4.7 [April 18, 2018]
- Set auto focus for key field on the Licenses Page
- Improved media count display for large numbers
- Gallery swipe gesture with all the WordPress themes older than Twenty Fifteen
- Media player height issue on single media page for video
- Media gallery conflict with rtMedia Upload By URL
- Conflict of empty comment check with other validation message location
- PHP notice and warnings
4.4.6 [March 22, 2018]
- Added intuitive left-right swipe gesture guide while opening gallery for the first time on mobile
- Added filter to customize existing progress bar Doc
- Improved edit media process with single save button
- PHP notice and warnings
- Visibility issue with Edit & Delete action links after first media upload
- Added check for BuddyPress activity component while adding comment on media
- Added check for empty comments on media
- Added informative message while uploading media without enabling media type setting
- BuddyPress activity media upload conflict with rtMedia Upload Terms
- Issue with rtMedia comment count under BuddyPress activity
- Improved license verification process of rtMedia add-ons
- Lightbox height issue with rtMedia media comments
- UI issue with Back button on the edit media page for theme twentyseventeen
- Option button’s visibility issue with twentyseventeen theme
- Console warning for FireFox browser
- UI issue for comment media upload button
- Minor UI issues for mobile users
4.4.5 [January 19, 2018]
- Upgraded MediaElement library
4.4.4 [October 17, 2017]
- Media display issue if masonry view is disabled and width is set to zero
- Upload multiple images on mobile devices
- Improve localization, thanks to xavivars
- Added a check for BuddyPress Group component while using bp_before_member_header action
4.4.3 [August 3, 2017]
- Add filter to change the “alt” attribute value for photos in media gallery Documentation
- Unit text (MB/KB) of media size doesn’t display correctly
- Buttons UI of edit media screen for default WordPress themes
- BuddyPress activity upload issue with Microsoft Edge
- Notices of “Undefined offset” and “get property of non-object”
- UI issue of media close button on Twenty Seventeen theme
- Pagination issue with album search
- Upload falls over while using special characters into filename
- Fatal Error in gallery search if BuddyPress is not installed
- Medium image size not working correctly with zero height
media_titleattribute was not working for gallery shortcode
4.4.2 [June 30, 2017]
- Broken thumbnails in sidebar widget gallery and sorting gallery shortcode
4.4.1 [June 29, 2017]
- Replaced HTML comments ‘<!– –>’ with PHP comments ‘<?php // ?>’
- Media search issue under album
- Gallery reload issue while uploading new media under a single album page
- Duplicate “no media found” message under media gallery
- Cancel media search button issue under albums tab
- PHP notice and warnings
- UI for caret under like button
- Load more issue for albums tab
- Issue editing album when pagination is enabled
- UI issue for music player when opened in the lightbox
4.4 [June 6, 2017]
- Audio player display issue in lightbox
- Fixed trimming media name issue when it contains a dot in the name
- Added missing data in debuginfo file
- rtMedia shortcode uploader issue with IOS mobile safari browser
- Issue while playing video on IOS safari
- White strip-line issue in lightbox
- Like button will display in the right sidebar of light box even when media comments are deactivated
4.3.2 [May 11, 2017]
- Added: Filter which allows replacing the text “Like/dislike” with any icon Documentation
- Attach media button issue in comments for IOS devices
- Inconsistent name display in the Activity stream
- Media attachment button issue under rtMedia comment section
- Set as Album Cover button UI issue
- rtMedia action button alignment issue on the single media page
- Improvise comment media admin settings
- Edit media feature when BuddyPress activity stream component is disabled
- “What’s new” section not getting properly styled on page load Documentation
4.3.1 [Feb 23, 2017]
- Remove media titles from media tab
- Change text in rtMedia setting for comment media
- Added: Filter to change user id while fetching user’s album list
- Pagination and navigation fix in media tab
- Warnings when uploading media in activity comment
- Privacy for reported media in moderation
4.3 [Feb 14, 2017]
- Comment Media – User can upload media in comment box
- rtMedia settings to unable or disable likes for Media
- Attachment upload in rtMedia support form
- Added: rtMedia Version Constant
- Added: Action to Change rtMedia query before shortcode run
- Added: Filter to Change Media menu position in admin bar
- Bulk delete in Media library Dashboard
- Warnings when user click on pagination
- rtMedia gallery shortcode pagination
- Remove unwanted fields in rtMedia support form
- Sorting & Options issue in Media Tab
- Comment and Like Privacy issue
- Comment and Like for media delete issue in Group
- Load More issue on activity and group Tab
4.2.1 [Dec 21, 2016]
- Security issues pointed out by James Golovich
- Direct access of a file
- Access rights to modify/update the rtMedia settings
- Added validation on custom CSS before saving
- Section fluctuation when user drags media into activity box
- Audio / Video autoplay in Safari browser
- JS error on media comments when activity stream is disabled from the backend
- Media upload error when activity stream is disabled from the backend
- Invalid license key notice appearing even when all keys are valid
- Addon validation checks will happen every six hours (only if addons installed)
- Changed plugin’s review link to rate on WordPress.org
4.2 [Nov 17, 2016]
- Albums will now display media count by default
- “@mentions” in comments added to lightbox and single media page
- Added “Next” / “Previous” navigation links to single media page
- rtMedia “Support” tab improvements- Directly attach a screenshot while submitting a support ticket Debug Info can now be easily downloaded as a .txt file
- Added: “Show more comments” link in media pop-up (lightbox) and single media page
- Added: Action to target area below media comments in lightbox or single media page
- Added: Filter to add extra component to comments
- Added: Filter to disallow blank text field while uploading media in Activity
- Added: Filter to modify “Options” & “Upload” labels in Media Gallery
- After uploading media, the Upload panel will now collapse
- Incorrect pagination text display in Media tab
- “posted an update” string not getting translated in Activity feed for posts with attached media. Added translation support for all “rtmedia_update” Activity type
- Duplicate activity generation when “Post Update” is clicked multiple times
- Singular/plural form of “n people liked this” string
- BuddyPress Group Media tab not displaying in Beta version 2.7.2
- Media description not saving properly when uploading multiple media
- Link to comment in WordPress backend not leading back to comment
- Video popup UI for vertical videos
- CSS-related responsive video layout issue
- Fixed broken “Import media sizes” anchor link in admin notice
- Fixed “Activate License” event bug in License tab
- Lightbox privacy symbol alignment issue
4.1.8 [Oct 05, 2016]
- Fix fatal error for older PHP version
4.1.7 [Oct 05, 2016]
- Change the UI of addons license tab
- Update the notice messages
- Check for the valid URL structure for compatibility with multisite
- Change string UNSET to REMOVE to improve the translation
- Fix UI/media broken on activity page
- Fix the scroll bar on the media pop screen
- Fix save settings button of manage media in group
4.1.6 [Sep 26, 2016]
- Fix broken UI when image information is edited/updated
- Fix issue related to media sorting
- Divide rt-template-functions.php into four files (core functions, actions & filters)
- Fix playlist settings not getting saved in groups
- Add filters to alter the image/video URLS in activity
- Fix bootstrap css selector conflict
4.1.5 [Sep 15, 2016]
- Fix issue where multiple gallery shortcode not working together
- Add filter to change ‘under’ album text
- Fix issue where media query not reset properly
4.1.4 [Sep 13, 2016]
- Fix audio player height issue
- Fix video player fullscreen issue
- Fix the attachment URL when rtAmazon S3 is disabled
4.1.3 [Aug 30, 2016]
- Fix audio/video time duration on media thumbnail
4.1.2 [Aug 25, 2016]
- Update the original audio URL with transcoded audio URL in activity
4.1.1 [Aug 24, 2016]
- Add backward compatibility
4.1 [Aug 24, 2016]
- Remove encoding service
- Introduced new Transcoder plugin
- Add span tag to remove duplicity of activity content on thumbnail update
- Fix notice undefined index
4.0.7 [Aug 17, 2016]
- Fix Media upload using json api
- Fix media upload not working on Windows Servers
- Fix view counter not working
- Update read more media description with scroll
4.0.6 [Aug 01, 2016]
- Fix read more media description in media popup
- Fix warning for pagination links
- Update products page link on Admin Dashboard widget
4.0.5 [Jul 25, 2016]
- Fix bulk edit not working on delete and move
- Fix issue more and less click on media description
- Fix html markup in support tab
- Make pagination work on opening page-link in new tab
- Fix hide rtMedia template files notice after click on dismiss
- Fix for profile pic not changing on uploading photo
4.0.4 [Jul 08, 2016]
- Backward compability for PHP 5.2
4.0.3 [Jul 05, 2016]
- Fix filter_input warning for media in group creation
- Fix warning for video encoding
- Fix delete activity for like and comment after media delete
- Fix media uploading issue from activity for multisite
4.0.2 [Jun 27, 2016]
- Fixed privacy issue in activity for BuddyPress 2.6.0
- Fixed single activity permalink issue
4.0.1 [Jun 23, 2016]
- Fixed issue of wpdb prepare statement missing argument
- Fixed time conversion issue in lightbox
- Fixed context & context_id for profile media upload
- Fixed lightbox loading whole site
- Fixed Keep current tab active when traversing different media type tabs
- Removed the_content filter and used wpautop function for media description
4.0 [Jun 21, 2016]
- Removed esc_html causing stripping of html tags in rtMedia featured for WordPress VIP compatibility
- Fixed BuddyPress nav items in group issue for BuddyPress 2.6 with backward compatibility
- Fixed check of class_exist for group extension for BuddyPress 2.6 compatibility
3.10.9 [Jun 20, 2016]
- WordPress VIP compatibility added
3.10.8 [Jun 14, 2016]
- Fixed database error when deleting comment
- Changed price for add-ons
3.10.7 [May 25, 2016]
- Fixed JS issue for tabs in media edit
- Fixed CSS for twentysixteen theme
- Code cleanup
- Updated german language file
3.10.6 [May 03, 2016]
- Fixed – BuddyPress group privacy now depends on group status (public, private, hidden)
- Fixed – JS issue for WordPress 4.5
- Fixed – 404 Error for titles on bbPress templates
- Fixed – Required changes done for rtmedia.io
3.10.5 [Mar 24, 2016]
- Code Cleanup
3.10.4 [Mar 15, 2016]
- Fixed browser title if theme has title-tag support
- Fixed the video & audio player issue for activity load more
- Fixed minor bugs
3.10.3 [Jan 28, 2016]
- Fix issues
3.10.2 [Jan 28, 2016]
- Fix XSS vulnerability (thanks to Brajesh)
- Updated Freemius SDK
3.10.1 [Dec 30, 2015]
- Set media description before upload feature
- Update privacy of all attached media on update of activity privacy
- Update BuddyPress activity query filter for activity privacy
3.10 [Dec 22, 2015]
- Added update BuddyPress activity privacy feature
- Added BuddyPress activity for media likes and comments feature
3.9.5 [Dec 11, 2015]
- Added new filters
- Fix rtMedia add-on broken images
3.9.4 [Dec 07, 2015]
- Fixed media slug issue while deleting media
- Added new hook in album gallery template
3.9.3 [Nov 19, 2015]
- Update rtMedia main template
- Fix undefined function call error
3.9.2 [Nov 15, 2015]
- Update rtMedia main template
- Fix undefined JS error
3.9.1 [Nov 05, 2015]
- Fix encoding service key save issue
- Added thrive theme under rtMedia 3rd party themes
- Audio/video player CSS issue fix
- Fix translation text domain
3.9 [Oct 27, 2015]
- BP Notification feature for media likes and comments
- Upload media from BP activity without activity update text
- Privacy issue fix
- Update korean and chinese language files
- Other bug fixes
3.8.21 [Oct 06, 2015]
- Rename plugin text domain from ‘rtmedia’ to ‘buddypress-media’
3.8.20 [Sep 29, 2015]
- Fix getid3 related issue
- Other bug fixes
3.8.19 [Sep 21, 2015]
- Fix getid3 related issue
- Added new theme: Foodmania
- New wrapper functions to upload media
3.8.18 [Sep 17, 2015]
- Filter for media action text
- Updated getid3 lib to latest version
3.8.17 [Sep 15, 2015]
- Fix upload dir filter
- Fix video max height in lightbox
- Fix shortcode issue with album uploader
3.8.16 [Aug 31, 2015]
- Update Persian translation and add Finnish translations
- Add rtMedia SEO add-on
- Fix encoding service for music files
- Fix music file thumbnails
3.8.15 [Aug 18, 2015]
- CSS を修正
- Added new filters and actions
3.8.14 [Aug 11, 2015]
- Enhanced delete media action in media gallery
- CSS を修正
- Other bug fixes
3.8.13 [Aug 05, 2015]
- Added support for “og” meta tags for Yoast SEO plugin
- Update French, Spanish, Persian and German translations
3.8.12 [Jul 29, 2015]
- Updated media gallery actions for BuddyPress groups
- Updated action messages for single media
- Updated view count process
- Added SCRIPT_DEBUG support
- Fixed bugs in admin settings
3.8.11 [Jul 22, 2015]
- Update album edit template
- Fix BuddyPress activity content on media edit
- Autoplay video in lightbox
3.8.10 [Jul 16, 2015]
- Fix BuddyPress comment filter issue
- Fix plupload max_file_size parameters
3.8.9 [Jul 09, 2015]
- Fix CSS conflict with BuddyPress change profile picture
3.8.8 [Jul 07, 2015]
- Fix media comment ordering
- Fix login popup
- Lightbox changes for mobile devices
- Added privacy option in uploader shortcode
- Update Dutch and Danish translations
3.8.7 [Jun 30, 2015]
- Update language files
- Fix CSS conflict with BuddyPress Cover plugin in rtMedia admin settings
- Update CSS
- Added new filters
3.8.6 [Jun 16, 2015]
- Fix activity music player width issue
- Fix view link in WordPress Media Library
- Fix pagination on pressing enter key
- Fix language file names for Korean(ko_KR), Serbian(sr_RS) and Tamil(ta_IN)
- Fix browser title
- Added Privacy link in BuddyPress Settings profile menu
- CSS bug fixes
3.8.5 [Jun 08, 2015]
- Fix upload URL in activity
3.8.4 [Jun 03, 2015]
- Fix syntax error on Support Page
3.8.3 [Jun 03, 2015]
- Fix encoding service issue
3.8.2 [Jun 03, 2015]
- Updated Spanish, Korean, Portuguese and Danish translations
- Added Login popup for non logged in user on upload button
- Added quick edit/delete links on media gallery thumbs
- Updated premium add-ons content for rtMedia
3.8.1 [May 18, 2015]
- Fix license page
- Fix direct media upload in activity
- Fix BuddyPress group table error on rtMedia update
3.8 [May 18, 2015]
- Removed ZURB Foundation
- Removed FontAwesome fonts and instead used WordPress Dashicons
- Admin settings UI changes
- Media gallery UI changes
- Direct media upload on file selection
- Fix create group album issue
- Update tested upto information
- Added rtmedia_get_media_description function
- js fix for uploader tabs
- Update support link and github link
- Fix multisite global album does not exist issue
- Fix album edit issue
- Security fix, thanks to James Hooker for reporting
- Fix possible XSS vulnerability
- Update label for create album
- Update Danish translations and add Bulgarian translations
- Enable/disable encoding service
- Fix translation issue and update strings
- Fix default privacy issue
- Fix rtMedia lightbox get disabled after BuddyPress activity load more
- Fix media meta table name in $wpdb
- Fix Media Url upload issue
- Fix delete attachment issue while reassigning user
- Add Social Sync in add-on list
- Fix JSON API parameters bug.
- Added tabs support in rtMedia uploader
- Fix activity upgrade
- Add klein theme in 3rd party theme list
- Fix uplaoder param in gallery shortcode database error
- Other bug fixes
- Fix media move in album edit
- JPEG image quality option
- Use WordPress’ *_metadata functions for meta data
- Fix update activity after thumb set
- Fix media title issue
- Fix warnings
- Fix BuddyPress group media gets upload to user profile issue
- Change activity upload URL when activity component is enabled
- Fix BuddyPress activity upload URL
- Fixed activity upload issue when BuddyPress Multilingual plugin is active
- Update admin settings help text
- Fix warnings on BuddyPress activity page
- Show add-on purchase link only when add-on is not purchased
- More validations for admin settings
- Fix for translations
- Fix persian and swedish translations
- Update CSS and templates
- Added new function rtmedia_is_uploader_view_allowed
- Added dynamic activity actions rtMedia activities
- CSS and markup changes
- Bug fix for ‘\’ in media title
- Bug fix for encoding service
- Fix group featured media
- Fix database warning on first time install
- Validate media before inserting
- Fixed group featured media
- Featured media option for group
- Track length for audio/video in media gallery
- Italian and Portuguese translation update
- Fix for JSON API
- Other bug fixes
- Security fix for template include
- Fix for template include for relative paths
- Removed unwanted database call on BuddyPress single activity page
- Fix scalar value warning
- Fix like button when comments are disabled
- Fix max regenerate video thumb admin setting
- masonry layout fixes
- Fix drag n drop in activity page when attachment for activity is disabled
- Added missing og:image property in single rtMedia BuddyPress activity
- Fix likes translated in SQL query
- Fix activity photo after media edit
- Added JS alert when uploading is in progress
- Added membership add-on information
- Fix media tab link shown to non members user of a private group
- Update Dutch, Japanese, French, Portuguese and Danish translations
- Fix rtMedia addon Buy Now url
- Updated CSS for rtMedia addon licenses
- Fix rename non-english characters to valid english characters for file upload
- Fix Add media button glitches in BuddyPress activity
- Fix BuddyPress load more issue
- Travis CI Config added
- Fix CSS for audio/video player
- Change uploader object initialization in rtMedia.backbone.js
- Fix media player issue in activity
- Added license tab for premium addons
- Added new database table to store activity privacy
- Fix video player issue in BuddyPress activity
- FontAwesome font load issue fix
- FontAwesome updated(v4.2.0)
- Added new filters
- Updated Swedish and Italian translations
- Change media title before upload
- New gallery shortcode attributes ( Enable/disable lightbox: lightbox = true/false, Show media title : media_title = true/false )
- Pagination option for media gallery
- show album name in single media view
- fix template if BuddyPress profile/group is disabled for rtMedia
- Per page (per_page) attribute in gallery shortcode
- Fix multiple file extension info in uploader
- Update CSS for masonry
- Added filters in query model
- Templates updated
- Masonry style cascading grid layout for media gallery
- Lightbox and swipe support for mobile devices
- UI bug fixes
- translation bug fix
- Added Norwegian translation(nb_NO)
- Fix activity issue in safari browser (For Mobile and Desktop)
- Romanian, Russian, French and Hungarian translation update
- Fix 404 page and nav menu issue when media disable for BuddyPress profile and group
- Added new hook in create album modal
- New js hooks in rtMedia’s backbone js file
- Fix js error for upload type filter
- remove deprecated mime_type_content
- Fix BuddyPress privacy issue
- Media template update
- New hooks added
- Tested with WordPress 3.9 and BuddyPress 2.0
- JS fix for WordPress 3.9 Beta
- Fix single activity video lightbox issue
- Fix Regenerate Thumbnail plugin image sizes issue
- Bug fix for media single edit
- Fix audio/video js issue after activity update
- Fix activity after ajax load content
- Fix image edit issue
- Fix CSS issues
- rtMedia premium theme InspireBook 1.0 released
- Update German language files
- Fix lightbox issue after load more activity
- rtMedia JSON API added
- Updated russian translations
- Admin UI bug fixes
- Updated dutch translation, thanks to [carry2web] (https://profiles.wordpress.org/carry2web)
- Enable / disable media per group
- User can specify media type to be upload in uploader shortcode
- Show content of single album using gallery shortcode
- Custom thumbnail for medias
- Fix for AudioPlayer under LightBox in WordPress TwentyFourteen Theme
- Fix for mobile uploads
- Album selection in media edit
- updated too foundation 5
- Fix paging query and bug fixes
- Fix pagging query sql issues
- Update german translation
- Add support in some strings translations again thanks to jonasnick for pull request
- Bug fixes related to media privacy
- Separate media handling for group and profile
- Updated uploader with media delete functionality.
- Improved UI
- Update po files.
- Improved Lightbox UI.
- More enhanced Uploader with new features, better error handling and notification.
- Enhanced UI for media edit screen.
- Fixed 404 permalink issue.
- lib updated for magnific popup and media-element, bug fixes
- Updated Spanish translation, bug fixes
- Remove Unused file, remove wp_load and add admin_ajax
- Remove notices and update js libs
- Add support in some strings translations thanks to rafaelfunchal for pull request
- Fix permalink issue in album gallery
- Fix WordPress MultiSite issue.
- Shortcode invalid argument issue fix.
- Update readme
- Add support for simple file uploader in shortcode
- Updated dutch translation.
- Fixed WordPress template issue.
- Updated polish,solvak and spanish transalation.
- Fixed multiple gallery on same page,comment sync for single media in activity, comments visibility when not-logged in.
- Strings made translation ready
- Bug fixed for group avatar upload while creating a group in buddypress
- Fixed multisite
- Fixed header already sent issue
- Fixed activity issue
- UI Changes
- Cover art for music
- Used Font awesome for icon buttons
- Translatable message and button in activity stream and single media view thanks to jonasnick
- Limits items posted in activity feed thanks to jarretc
- bug fixed for album deletion
- Fixed count issue on update
- Removed download button enable/disable settings
- Bug fixed for translation
- Added support for Playlists and its required filters
- Ignore privacy if admin user.
- Other minor issues.
- Fixed Trailing space issue.
- Fixed template issue (css).
- Add hooks and filters
- Other minor issues.
- Fixed template issue.
- Add activity update after updating video thumbs.
- Fixed encoding issue for sub directory.
- Fixed album count.
- Other minor issues.
- Add index for Activity query.
- Fixed activity and comment sync issue.
- Fixed permalink for default album.
- Fixed media filename issue.
- Other minor issues.
- Add Thumbnail support in encoding.
- Add Regenerate thumbnail option for video.
- Add Change Video thumbnail for video in media edit screen (Admin & Frontend)
- Optimize SQL query & code for better performance .
- Fix uploader for IE and Opera.
- Fixed single media issue (add preload for video)
- Fixed Activity Privacy issue.
- Fixed Gallery shortcode issue.
- Add redirect in upload shortcode sponsored by Henry Wright
- Fixed getID3 issue for FFMPEG
- Add rtMedia JS hook for lightbox
- Fixed activity mention issue
- Fixed group avatar blank page issue
- Fixed encoding service free subscription issue
- Fixed featured video issue
- Fixed media player css issues
- Fixed permalink and count issue
- Update SEO for media
- Thanks to kanakiyajay for replacing deprecated function split
- Added profile picture along with the link back to the profile in the media pop ups ( sponsored by Richard Ellis )
- Fixed WordPress 3.6 attachment meta function issue & mediaElementJs
- Fixed Context Null issue in activity
- Fixed image size issue in gallery
- Fixed lightbox whitespace issue
- Fixed backbone paging on custom shortcode
- Fix uploader for Mobile
- Add Media Count
- Fixed Setting for Upload media
- Fixed Feature image issue
- Fixed gallery and upload shortcode
- Fixed duplicate media in popup
- Fixed privacy user setting
- Fixed post parent issue and regenerate thumbnail issue
- Fixed rewrite rule issue
- Fixed comment issue on media
- Fixed hide activity on private group
- Fixed file format and mime type issue
- Fixed image size issue
- Fixed image size issue
- Fixed group create album permission and add setting for group admin
- Fixed Activity Delete issue
- Fixed Delete redirection
- Fixed template url issue for backbone
- Fixed photo tagging lightbox issue
- Fixed privacy issue in media
- Fixed activity media upload issue
- Fixed encoding download issue
- Remove grid from gallery and activity for use defined size
- Fixed template issue
- Handle delete media and activity
- Add like button count
- Hide buddypress tab if not active
- Fixed https problem in plugin update
- Fixed image size issue
- Fixed privacy issue
- Improved template system
- Fixed bug with audio/video uploads
- Fixed bug with featured media
- Fixed activity duplication issue
- Legacy code added for addon Updates
- Added album enable /disable option
- Fixed lightbox option
- Legacy path support for addon Updates
- Added database check for migration
- Fixed a few errors
- Renamed to rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
- Adds Anywhere uploader
- Adds Anywhere media
- Author page integration (in the absence of BuddyPress)
- Fixes lightbox
- Fixes comments and media actions in the absence of activities
- Adds parameter to include/exclude media title in shortcode
- Resolved admin menu warnings for members
- Fixes bug in navigation
- Fixes bug in admin menu
- Resolves delete album issue (when activity is enabled)
- Adds option to disable encoding
- Translations Updated
- Adds support for audio/video conversion via rtCamp’s Encoding Service
- Fixes bug in featured media that occurred when the featured media was deleted
- Optimises db queries for privacy
- Lets users add a featured image/video/audio for their profiles. Can be used to create “Cover Photos” or videos for each user using a template tag.
- Feature sponsored by Henry Wright
- Added media editing, deleting and other actions when activity stream is disabled
- Fixes comment posting on lightbox
- Removes lightbox from mobile devices
- Fixes a few bugs related to notifications
- Fixes a bug in admin
- Fixes text-domain issues
- Adds framework for notifications
- Adds support for Tagging Addon
- Updated translations, especially German and Persian
- Adds album management options (Merge/Move/Delete)
- Adds shortcode to display media [bpmedia]
- Adds localization to JS
- Added partial Arabic and Persian translations
- Adds options to specify Media Sizes
- Adds options to modify the image ( Crop, Rotate, Flip & Scale )
- Creates only required image sizes ( Rather than all registered image sizes )
- Adds thickbox to BuddyPress Media Widget
- Fixes bug in js
- Adds framework for shortcode support ( Functionality will be added in the next release )
- Improved i18n support, thanks to David Decker
- Updated translations
- Adds importer for BP Album
- Tested with reallifescrapped, an awesome social network for scrapbookers by Meg
- Other minor bug fixes, especially for Groups
- Fixes errors due to absence of EXIF
- Fixes duplicate comment box on lightbox
- Fixes multimedia display on single media view
- Rewrites activity uploader to fix a lot of issues with themes
- Fixes image rotation for PHP < 5.3 that caused upload failure
- Added french translation
- Fixed Widget privacy
- Added option to toggle lightbox functionality to prevent theme conflicts
- Fixed conflict with bootstrap-based themes
- Minor code revision
- Fixes warning related to scalar variables
- Improves Group Wall Post handling
- Adds lightbox to activity media
- Fixes mediaelement display
- Implements forced download for media
- Fixes image rotation on upload
- Fixes broken spinner image
- Fixes some styling
- Fixes bug related to group ids.
- Fixes bug with stylesheet loading
- Adds ajax loader to lightbox
- Revamped uploader UI
- Added activity uploader
- Added lightbox
- Fixed bug in friends’ privacy
- Fixed bug due to which edit/delete buttons would show up
- Refactored code and styling
- Fixes modular compatibility with friends component. Thanks to Cat555 for reporting this.
- Fixes modular compatibility with friends component.
- Fixes default privacy levels.
- Minor Admin UI revisions.
- Fixes load more on albums.
- Fixes automatic count update.
- Fixes other bugs in Privacy Update.
- Fixed all warnings and errors with 2.6 thanks to dzapata79, Scott.
- Special thanks are due to Stephan Oberlander who let us use his site for testing and reproducing the errors!
- Improved group compatibility
- Refactored database update checker to fix bugs
- Fixed database upgrade issues due to js and css caching
- Fixed warnings that appeared on non-upgrade of database.
- Added Privacy for Media.
- Added crude support for activity privacy (due for revision)
- Revised media count functionality
- Fixed widget to recognize enabled/disabled media types
- Renamed ‘Featured’ to ‘Set as Album Cover’ in the UI for clarity
- Fixed featured functionality
- Fixed download functionality
- Rewritten query functions
- Improved css and js
- Major code refactoring
- Fixes thumbnail appearance and height issues with some themes.
- Other minor UI changes
- Added option to enable/disable BuddyPress Media on Groups. (Profile toggle, coming soon)
- Added Polish language.
- Media tabs display now responds to admin settings
- Improved Uploader UI.
- Improved settings screen.
- More code comments and documentation added.
- Fixed gallery responsiveness.
- A few bug fixes.
- Added option to toggle BuddyPress Media menu in admin bar
- Added incomplete translations for German, Italian, French and Dutch languages
- A few bug fixes.
- Fixes warning on admin side.
- Fixed bug where when a user visits another member’s media tab when groups are inactive, they’d get an error.
- Improved long album title and count display.
- Bug fixes for admin notices on multisite installs.
- Bug fixes for activity on multiple uploads.
- Updated upload UI. Now uploads are possible from all tabs.
- Fixed translation readiness.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese languages.
- Added Album renaming and deleting functionality.
- Fixed latest activity formatting.
- Added auto-update for add-ons.
- Made minor changes for add-on compatibility.
- Fixed bug where settings weren’t getting saved on multisites.
- Workaround for bug where the last activity wouldn’t show up.
- Fixed bug with iOS uploads.
- Some minor code changes
- New Widget added with more options!
- Fixed ‘Show More’ action on Group Album thanks to bowoolley
- Fixed conflicts with ‘BuddyPress Activity Plus’, thanks to number_6 and param-veer
- Some more housekeeping, code cleanup and documentation.
- Total code overhaul. Fixed a lot of bugs and optimised a lot of other code.
- Added proper translation support!
- Removed extra jQuery UI scripts and styles, for speed and optimisation
- Album creation on a single file upload. Thanks to Josh Levinson for providing the fix.
- Fixed Version number constant.
- Default permission for album creation in groups set to admin.
- Fixed the warning on the “New Post” about the MYSQL query.
- Groups Media feature added
- Featured image selection in albums
- Fixed some screen functions
- Fixed the “Upgrade” button issue
- Fixed the Multisite issue for the options page.
- Fixed a bug in upgrade script
- Added support for media-count on albums
- fixes bbPress conflict in_array() expects parameter 2
- Added more verification to check whether the object being used is available or not.
- Added custom message on delete activity action.
- Modified the upgrade loop to handle the sites with large number of media files.
- Fixed the Notice that was generated on the albums page.
- Removed anonymous function since its not supported in PHP versions < 5.3
- Album Support for Users
- Ajaxified pagination to make it easy to view large albums.
- Multiple file uploads with progress bar
- Easy access to the backend admin-options
- Admin-option to disable download button below media files.
- Fixed the postmeta box bug
- Added video thumbnail support for addons.
- Updated the MediaElementJS player library.
- Fixed file uploading via iPhone.
- Changed some default values and normalized all files with end of file as line feed only
- Some changes in readme file
- Added necessary hooks & filters to support buddypress-media add-on creation.
- Support for video format added including *.avi, *.mkv, *.asf, *.flv, *.wmv, *.rm, *.mpg.
- Support for audio format added including *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wav, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wma.
- Added remaining modules of getID3 php library
- Added checking for MP3 filetype and its content before uploading
- Added a few filters and actions for addon support
- Fixed the short open tag bug
- Delete functionality fixed
- Edit functionality for Media Title and Media Description
- Admins can manage which media types to allow
- Replaced codec finding library
- Fixed warning on activities page
- Integration into BuddyPress Activities
- HTML5 Audio Tag Support (with fallback)
- HTML5 Video Tag Support (with fallback)