When a visitor submits his/her data on your website via a Contact Form 7 form, upon form submission, such data are also sent to Google Sheets.
How to Use this Plugin
In Google Sheets
* Log into your Google Account and visit Google Sheets.
* Create a new Sheet and name it.
* Rename the tab on which you want to capture the data.
In WordPress Admin
* Create or Edit the Contact Form 7 form from which you want to capture the data. Set up the form as usual in the Form and Mail etc tabs. Thereafter, go to the new “Google Sheets” tab.
* On the “Google Sheets” tab, copy-paste the Google Sheets sheet name and tab name into respective positions, and hit “Save”.
In Google Sheets
* In the Google sheets tab, provide column names in row 1. The first column should be “date”. For each further column, copy paste mail tags from the Contact Form 7 form (e.g. “your-name”, “your-email”, “your-subject”, “your-message”, etc).
* Test your form submit and verify that the data shows up in your Google Sheet.
- You must pay very careful attention to your naming. This plugin will have unpredictable results if names and spellings do not match between your Google Sheets and form settings.
Site Admin > Plugins > New > Search > CF7 Google Sheets Connector > Install.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the
Admin Panel > Contact form 7 > Google Sheetsscreen to connect to
Google Sheetsby entering the Access Code. You can get the Access Code by clicking the “Get Code” button.
- Why isn’t the data send to spreadsheet? CF7 Submit is just Spinning.
Sometimes it can take a while of spinning before it goes through. But if the entries never show up in your Sheet then one of these things might be the reason:
- Wrong access code ( Check debug log )
- Wrong Sheet name or tab name
- Wrong Column name mapping ( Column names are the contact form mail-tags. It cannot have underscore or any special characters )
Please double-check those items and hopefully getting them right will fix the issue.
- How do I get the Google Access Code required in step 3 of Installation?
- On the
Admin Panel > Contact form 7 > Google Sheetsscreen, click the “Get Code” button.
- In a popup Google will ask you to authorize the plugin to connect to your Google Sheets. Authorize it – you may have to log in to your Google account if you aren’t already logged in.
- On the next screen, you should receive the Access Code. Copy it.
- Now you can paste this code back on the
Admin Panel > Contact form 7 > Google Sheetsscreen.
- On the
Thanks for the amazing plugin. It is really straightforward.
I wish it’d also support mail tags with underscore. I use a bunch of other Contact Form 7 add ons that create mail tags with _ and therefore I can’t get that info into my spreadsheet.
My idea was to use this plugin to collect leads from CF7 forms across several domains into one google sheet and then export from there into a csv or whatever I need. Made a site, got the plugin working easily. Duplicated the site to a new domain and didn’t have to do anything. When I submitted a form from the new domain, it ended up in the same spreadsheet. What a great tool -thank you for creating and sharing this plugin!
I’ve been searching for a solution like this for months. Incredibly easy to set up and worked first I tried it. No reliance on Zapier or other paid per use solutions and now allows me to circumvent the hidden field restrictions on Google forms.
I never normally hit the donate button – I will this time.
Simple to install and configure. And seems to work with CF7 extra plugins, like Contact Form DB and Dynamic Text Extension.
Plugin have good potential, but it is not working very well.
Dropdown inputs not working, and there is some conflict with this plugin cf7.
Hi, thank you very much for developing a plugin so dynamic and simple to use, after a day of a lot of spin solve it like lightning
“CF7 Google Sheets Connector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.貢献者
Interested in development?
- Fixed more class names due to conflict with other plugins.
- Fixed issue to send hidden fields via dynamic text extension.
- Added settings link after activation on plugin activation page.
- Fixed 500 Internal Server Error if sheet name or tab name is not set.
- Added .pot file for easier translation.
- Updated plugin description etc.
- Fixed date format and display issues related to non-English dates.
- Fixed the class name due to conflict with other plugins.
- First public release
- Integrated Contact form 7 with Google sheets.