This plugin will give you the possibility to list any of your custom post types (even a built in post types) to any of your posts or pages, with one simple shortcode [cpt_show]
What it does ?
This plugin makes a WP_Query and gets all posts from the custom post type that you’ve given to it.
What are the parameters ?
type – Here you have to tell the plugin from which post type you would like to get your posts.
post_status – This is the type of posts that should be listed.
order – This is how the results should be ordered ASC / DESC.
order_by – This tells the plugin by what the results should be ordered.
posts_per_page – With this you tell the plugin how much posts should be listed on the page.
titles_as_links – This tells the shortcode if the titles of the listed posts should be links that are pointing to the specific page for every unique post. Possible values are 0 & 1. If the value is set to 0 it will print the title without wrapping it in HTML Link tag (), but if the value is set to 1 it will wrap the post title into HTML Link tag and it will point to the specific post page.
show_post_content – This tells the shortcode if it should show the post content under their titles. Possible values are 0 & 1. If the value is 0 it won’t show the post content under its title, but if the value is set to 1 it will list the post content also.
- cptl_title_link_class – This is used to tell the shortcode what class should be added to the Link Wrapper of the post title. By default it is cptl_title_link.
- cptl_title_class – This tells the shortcode what class should be added to the Title Wrapper of the post title. By default it is cptl_title.
- cptl_content_class – This is used to tell the shortcode what class should be added to the Content Wrapper of the post content. By default it is cptl_content
- cptl_content_wrapper – This is used to tell the shortcode how wrap the listed results. It can be ‘h1’, ‘h2’, ‘h3’, ‘h4’, ‘h4’, ‘h6’, ‘li’, ‘span’, ‘div’
Why to use the plugin ?
The need of quick listing of custom post type on some page or post ?
Well this is your reason and this is your plugin.
You can use the standart WordPress options for those parameters:
type, post_status, order, order_by, posts_per_page
You don’t find your functionality ?
Custom Post Type Lister is Open Source plugin, which means that you can contribute to it.
Yup that’s right! If you don’t find the needed functionality just add it.
Here is the repository.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin