Feature Image Extended extends featured image functionality allowing:
- Hiding featured image in your themes for all post types.
- Adding link to the featured image.
- Adding thumbnail featured image in administration screens listing.
- Featured image quick-editing.
Once the plugin is installed you can control settings in the following ways:
- Programmatically by using
featured_image_extended_settingsfilter (see below).
- Using the Settings->Featured Image Extended administration screen.
If your theme uses a different call other than
get_the_post_thumbnail() in order to get the featured image, this plugin might not work.
So, in order to get extended featured image settings and apply to your pages, you should use
featured_image_extended() (see below).
featured_image_extended( integer $post_id = null )
It returns an array containing featured image extended information of
$post_id post (or current post if you don’t supply an argument) like following:
array( 'show' => true, 'url' => 'https://myurl.com', 'target' => '_blank', 'title' => 'Image title', )
Filter plugin settings values.
apply_filters( 'featured_image_extended_settings', array $settings )
Filter allowing to display or not the plugin settings page in the administration.
apply_filters( 'featured_image_extended_admin_settings', boolean $display )
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/featured-image-extendeddirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress Plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in WordPress.
- Does it work with Gutenberg?
Not completely. For setting visibility of featured image, this plugin uses
admin_post_thumbnail_htmlfilter and currently there are no Gutenberg equivalents.
Featured Image Extended はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
For Featured Image Extended changelog, please see the Releases page on GitHub.