A big thanks is owed to The Simpsons Archive,
without which this plugin would not be possible!
This plugin was based on the Hello Dolly plugin that most active WordPress users are familiar. Much like
the reason why Hello Dolly was created, the Simpsons Chalkboard Gag plugin was designed to bring a little
light-hearted fun into every page of the admin panel.
As an added bonus, this plugin creates the
[simpsons] shortcode which can be included on any page or post
and, when used, will return a different Bartism each time the page is loaded.
If this plugin brings a smile to your day, please take a moment to
How The Plugin Stays Up-To-Date
As new episodes of The Simpsons are released, more chalkboard gags are avialable. To avoid pushing a new
plugin version every week or two, a remote repository is maintained with up-to-date chalkboard gags
(within a week or two).
If this remote repository is ever down for any reason, the plugin also includes a local
database with all of the chalkboard gags up to the most recent release of the plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Sit back and chuckle at Bart’s wit every time you load an admin page
Once installed, you will also be able to use the
[simpsons] shortcode to include a random Bartism anywhere
within any of your pages or posts.
NOTE: Though this plugin can, in theory, run alongside the Hello Dolly plugin that is active
by default in WordPress distributions, it is strongly discouraged since the two don’t look nice
together. Please disable or uninstall Hello Dolly before using this plugin for best results.
Hello Simpsons Chalkboard Gag はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Enhancement: No longer using Pastebin to handle updates. Pulling updates directly from WP.org plugin repository.
- Compatibility: Updated to WordPress 4.0.
- Enhancement: Plugin now better handles downtime for remote retrival of chalkboard gags.
- Enhancement: Very minor change to help better debug any potential issues that users may have.
- Bug Fix: Plugin now utilizes a WordPress core wrapper function (
wp_remote_get) to reliably retrieve
the remote chalkboard gags without breaking.
- Bug Fix: A few minor changes were made to how the chalkboard gags are stored, making the plugin faster.
- Change: The alert that Hello Dolly is active was removed. User can decide whether they want both running or not.
- Enhancement: Plugin now performs much more efficiently by storing most up-to-date.
chalkboard gags in your local database. A daily update checks for more Chalkboard Gags to display.
- Enhancement: Plugin now alerts user on activation if Hello Dolly is active (since the two
plugins do not look good running side-by-side).
- Enhancement: This release also provides much cleaner code for anyone interested in looking
at the backend.
- Bug Fix: Minor typo corrections in readme and plugin documentation.
- Initial Release: Supports display of random Chalkboard Gag within the admin panel and through
use of the
[simpsons]shortcode in any page or post.