The plugin detects the user’s location using the Ipdata API and allows you to block access to your site for specific countries (by redirecting visitors from these countries to a specified page or URL).
The plugin also provides a handful of useful shortcodes that allows you to use the detected location data in your posts.
Install the plugin, navigate to the Ipdata menu item on the left. This will open the main Settings page, where you can define global redirection settings.
- IpData API Key – enter your API key obtained from ipdata.co. Please note that the plugin won’t work without the key.
- IpData API Timeout, sec – enter API timeout in seconds (default – 5 s).
- Blocked countries – a list of globally blocked countries. All visitors from the specified countries will be redirected to the page specified below.
- Page to Redirect – here you can set the page that will be shown to all visitors from the globally blocked countries. It may contain an explanation for why the user is blocked and redirected there.
- Rules section – here you can add an unlimited number of redirection rules for specific countries.
Post/Page Specific Settings
The plugin adds a metabox to posts and pages, where you can define blocking/redirection rules for this particular post or page. It contains the same settings (except for the API key and Timeout) but they will be applied to this specific post only.
The plugin provides the following shortcodes:
- [ipdata_continent] – User’s continent code (e.g. NA, EU etc.)
- [ipdata_country] – User’s country code (e.g. US, UK etc.)
- [ipdata_region] – User’s region name (e.g. New York, England etc.)
- [ipdata_city] – User’s city name (e.g. New York, London etc.)
- [ipdata_location] – User’s latitude/longitude separated by slash.
The plugin provides a number of filters that can be used for customizations. Please contact Support for details.
Ipdata Integration Plugin はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- 1.0.0: First production version.