With Admin Tweaks you’ll be able to simplify and make deep customizations in the administrative interface.
It’s a compilation of hooks for enhancing, styling and reducing WordPress backend.
Do you like to adjust and style the backend as much as the frontend?
So, we are together!
- Admin Bar: remove, add and modify menu items.
- Admin Menus: remove menu and submenu items; sort Settings menu; rename “Posts”.
- Appearance: hide general elements; create admin notices.
- Dashboard: remove and add widgets.
- General Settings: enable arcane Link Manager; privacy; other misc options.
- Listings: customize rows and columns for post types, users and plugins.
- Media: custom columns; re-attachment; sanitize filenames; jpeg quality; audio/photo/video metadata.
- Plugins: many row modifications; live filter by keyword/active/inactive;.
- User Profile: remove almost everything; add custom CSS.
- Login: redirects; errors; modify almost everything; add custom CSS.
- Maintenance Mode: with minimum Role allowed and possibility to block only the backend.
- Everything changed after WordPress Stack Exchange
- Plugin interface using @bainternet’s Admin Page Class
- CSS for hiding help texts adapted from Admin Expert Mode
- Everything started with Adminimize, by Frank Büeltge, which does an awesome job hiding WordPress elements, but I wanted more, and these are some of the great resources where I found many snippets: Stack Exchange, WPengineer, wpbeginner, CSS-TRICKS, Smashing Magazine, Justin Tadlock…
- The option to hide the help texts from many areas of WordPress uses the CSS file of the plugin Admin Expert Mode, by Scott Reilly.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings -> Admin Tweaks and have fun.
The ‘reset’ button doesn’t delete the database entry, but if you delete the plugin, the entry will be deleted (via unsinstall.php)
Why Many Tips Together? And why change its name to Admin Tweaks?
The first version of the plugin was a compilation of snippets.
It evolved to a General Admin Tweak plugin.
Most of the users who left feedback complained about it: too cryptic and hard to find.
Well, I agree, but I’m just changing the Display Name.
The Repository URL, Directory Name and Database Option Name are still keep original name.
Look for inspiration at CodePen.io.
Doubts, bugs, suggestions
Don’t hesitate in posting a new topic here in WordPress support forum.
Admin Tweaks はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Admin Bar: improved “Remove default items”
- Admin Menu: new option to remove submenus
- Admin Menu: new option to move third party to the submenu Tools: ACF, Code Snippets and Notification Center
- Fix CSS error
- Updated Redux Framework
- Added ID columns for Users listing
- Cleaned Multisite features
- Added feature to disable the prompt to confirm admin email
- Better filtering for listings
- Reposition plugins’ tweaks
- Added the feature Extra HTML on login page
- Added links to code snippets with animated backgrounds for the login page
- Added the feature Blog Visibility warning
- Fixing SVN error
New interface using Redux Framework; reviewed all features, some removed, some updated.
Old options loss: the options scheme changed and I didn’t make a migration tool, sorry for that to any lost soul still using version 2.4.1 😐
- Review for WordPress 4.8
- General revision to update to WP 4.7
- Removed obsolete tweaks
- Bug fixes