IMPLEMENT CUSTOMIZED SECURE WORDPRESS LOGIN POLICIES WITH EFFICIENCY
Achieve better WordPress login and password security through policies that put you firmly in the driver’s seat. With high customizability and granularity, login security policies can be implemented by user role or site-wide for complete control over the security of your websites’ login process.
Use the free edition of Melapress Login Security to implement WordPress password minimum length and complexity. The plugin also allows you to set expiration policies, prevent users from recycling old passwords, limit login attempts, and automatically disable inactive user accounts, among other things.
MAINTAINED & SUPPORTED BY MELAPRESS
Visit our website to see how our plugins can help you better manage and improve the security and administration of your WordPress websites and users.
Ensure your WordPress users use the most secure password policies through the following plugin features:
- Set policies by role or site-wide
- Provide users with helpful instructions during password configuration to meet set policy
- Set minimum password length
- Mandate the use of upper and lower case characters, numeric digits, and special characters
- Set an automatic password expiration policy
- Disallow users from recycling old passwords
- Disable password reset links
- Mandate WordPress password reset on the first login
- Define policy priority for users with multiple roles
- Reset all users’ passwords with just one click
Upgrade to Melapress Login Security Premium and get more
The premium edition of Melapress Login Security comes bundled with even more features, which enable you to take your WordPress website login security to the next level. Disable inactive WordPress user accounts and force passwords to be reset once accounts have been unlocked. Inactive accounts can be managed within a single dashboard for increased efficiency and faster response times. Moreover, you can set accounts to be locked out after a number of failed login attempts and customize the duration and method of unlocking them.
- Everything in the free version
- One-click integration with third-party plugins such as WooCommerce, LearnDash, Memberpress, and many others
- Limit failed login attempts and automatically disable user accounts after a number of failed login attempts
- Automatically [disable inactive WordPress users[https://melapress.com/inactive-users-wordpress/?utm_source=wp+repo&utm_medium=repo+link&utm_campaign=wordpress_org&utm_content=mls) after a set time
- Change the WordPress login page URL (and set a 404 for the old page)
- Restrict WordPress users’ login time by day and/or hours
- Receive detailed weekly summary reports over email of password resets and changes, user account lockouts, and more
Free and premium support
Support for MelaPress Login Security is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all Melapress Login Security users
Note: Customer support for customers on a premium plan is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email. Upgrade to premium to benefit from priority support.
For any other queries, feedback, or if you simply want to get in touch with us, please use our contact form.
Further reading and documentation
You can find more detailed information about WordPress website security, password security and user management, security best practices, and much more in the recommended reads linked below.
Install the plugin from within WordPress
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New
- Search for “Melapress Login Security”
- Install & activate Melapress Login Security from your Plugins page
Install the plugin manually (via file upload)
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins repository
- Unzip the zip file and upload the folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Melapress Login Security plugin through the Plugins page in WordPress
MelaPress Login Security はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
= 1.2.0 (2023-10-02)
- User login time restrictions: restrict the time and days users can log in to the website
- Settings importer & exporter: export the plugin’s settings for backup purposes and / or to import the settings to new plugin installs.
- Setting to enable/disable individual emails the plugin sends to users to notify them about changes to their user account.
- Support for the WooCommerce user registration form: add the login and password policies with just a click.
- Failed login error messages by the plugin are now displayed correctly on Memberpress powered forms / websites.
- The plugin admin notices only appear on appropriate admin pages.
- Applied various styling and UX improvements to the admin settings and the plugin’s UI.
- Improved the integration script so now the PW Strength JS can be triggered via custom JS.
- The change the login page URL setting now available in own admin area.
- Improved user-facing error messages for both Memberpress and Ultimate Member.
- Users restricted from accessing front-end pages on Memberpress + WooCommerce pending a forced password update.
- The strings ‘wp-activate’ and ‘wp-signup’ are no longer blocked in the Custom Login URL settings.
- Fixed bug in password history which would cause the initial user password to not be stored.
- Exempt users setting no longer accepts duplicate entries.
- Fixed: PHP 8.1 deprecation errors.
- Fixed: Bulk Actions not working within Inactive Users page.
- Fixed: Error causing wrong email to be sent on user unblock due to failed logins.
- Fixed an error on multisite networks which could cause some policies to be ignored when logging in via a child site.
- Password hints are displayed correctly on Ultimate Member.
- Fixed potential Fatal error when password reset requests are blocked on Memberpress.
- Fixed JS to ensure PW hide/unhide buttons function as expected on Memberpress forms.
- Ensure any password(s) updates adhere to all policies on third party forms.
- Fixed JS bug on multisite networks bug which would cause an empty popup to appear when toggling ‘disable password reset’ checkbox.
Please refer to the plugin changelog for a complete detailed list of what is new, improved and fixed in every update of Melapress Login Security. For a high level overview / highlights about each version update, please refer to the plugin release notes.