Meta Tag Manager 3.0 builds on the great success of 2.0 and also marks the launch of our new Pro Add-on. Since 2009 we’ve provided a freely available, regularly maintained plugin with support and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come!
We have plenty of ideas of what to add to the plugin, we’d love to hear your suggestions too, please let us know on our support forums.
Meta Tags Manager is a simple, lightweight plugin which allows you to add custom meta tags to your site. Features include:
- Supports meta tags including the name, property, http-equiv, charset and itemprop attributes.
- Choose from predefined types, such as ‘name=”keyword”‘ or create your own by typing it in.
- Add meta tags to specific posts, choose what Custom Post Types to support from our settings page.
- Add global meta tags that will display on specific CPTs, Taxonomies, your front page or your whole site.
- Automatically add Open Graph details to your home page.
- Automatically add Schema and Structured Data to your home page.
- Add Google Sitelinks and Sitelinks Search markup.
- Easily add verification codes for services like Facebook, Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, Yandex and more (or… create your own custom meta tags!).
Use cases include:
- Adding Google and Yahoo site verification tags
- Adding additional open graph, twitter card or other social media meta info not supported by other SEO/Meta plugins
Go Pro for many newly added features, including:
- Dynamic placeholders to include data about the page being displayed, such as page title, comment count, thumbnail URLs and more!
- Additional contexts to add global meta tags, as well as exclusion rules for finer-grained controls.
- Shortcode support within meta descriptions, allowing for more dynamic data insertion with plugins such as ACF
- Unique tag detaction of Meta Tag Manager tags with hierarchical precedence, avoid creating duplicate meta tags.
- Taxonomy support – create meta tags for individual taxonomy term pages such as a single tag or category.
- More to come! Go Pro now and get an early-bird discount of up to 50%!
- Upload the entire
meta-tag-managerdirectory to the
- WordPress の「プラグイン」メニューからプラグインを有効化してください
- Go to Settings > Meta Tag Manager
- Start adding Meta Tags! See the FAQ for
You can manage your meta tags in two areas of your WordPress dashboard.
- Within Settings > Meta Tag Manager.
The general settings page is where you can add tags that appear on various areas of your site, such as your front page, archive pages, category/taxonomy pages, etc. Each tag you create can be assigned to a specific are of the site.
- On specific post type pages.
When editing a post, page, or other CPT (such as an event, product, etc.) you can add meta tags that will only be displayed on that item’s page. The Meta Tag Manager will be available as an individual meta box.
I don’t see the Meta Tag Manager meta box when editing a page on my site
This may be because your editing a CPT and it’s not selected within our settings page for Meta Tag Management. See next question for more information.
How do I enable/disable Meta Tag Manager for specific Custom Post Types (CPTs)?
By default (since 2.1) all custom post types are enabled, previous versions only had posts/pages enabled. If you install a plugin that introduces a new CPT, that also needs to be added, as it is not added automatically.
You can add or remove this via Settings > Meta Tag Manager > General Options (tab). You’ll see an input box containing a list of already enabled CPTs and you can click the input box to show and select other available CPTs to include, or click the X next to the CPT you wish to remove.
I’m stuck, or have a suggestion.
Please visit our support forums if you have any questions.
Meta Tag Manager はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- fixed bug preventing settings from saving if schema settings are not selected
- added backward compatibility to 4.9 by allowing determine_locale() > get_locale() fallback
- fixed issues with schema settings saving
- fixed open graph twitter test link
- fixed some admin notice dismiss issues
- added open graph settings and support for home page
- added twitter card open graph settings and support for home page
- added schema / structured data / rich snippets front-page support
- added easy site verification settings
- added SCRIPT_DEBUG and MTM_DEBUG constant checks to decide whether to load non-minified files
- moved context checking for a tag into MTM_Tag functions,
- added Meta_Tag_Manager::is_archive()
- fixed Meta_Tag_Manager::is_archive_page() to account for static posts page
- added multiple actions and filters to MTM_Builder output
- added multiple actions and filters to MTM_Tag object
- fixed Array PHP caused by potentially non-existent contexts in a meta tag admin panel
- added extra sanitization/validation of submitted context list in a tag
- added MTM_Builder::get_contexts_list() to remove redundant code when excluding
- tweaked JS and display issues for showing context lists in header of admin meta tag card
- fixed css aesthetic issue when clicking a selectize active item turing grey
- tweaked context selectize js to be more flexible and reusable for other context fields
- moved admin-related files into admin folder
- moved settings tab sections into dedicated files
- moved handling of setting saving to Meta_Tag_Manager_Admin with a redirect instead of saving on same page load
- added multiple filters and actions for easier extension
- added use of overridable MTM_Tag::get_content() during the output() method
- fixed empty choice of post types resulting in ‘Array’ default selection value
- fixed display/functionality issues of MTM editor in post editors when no custom post types are chosen for MTM inclusion on settings page
- added facebook-domain-verification name type selection
- updated jQuery scripts to remove deprecated functions in jQuery 3.5
- updated selectize.js library to 0.13.3
- updated selectize library to v0.13 which fixes issues with name tags containing custom values
- fixed minor php warning
- fixed WordPress 5.5 conflict (props to @seserss)
- fixed tags not getting deleted from CPT pages
- fixed attachments not saving meta information
- added precedence for duplicate meta tags within MTM so only one is shown per page depending on specificity
- removed freemius insights
- changed default instllation to include all CPTs
- fixed PHP warning when mtm_data is missing during initial installation
- changed sanitization of content attribute when http-equiv=”Link”, allowing for prefetch rules
- fixed front page meta tags not showing if using a static front page
- updated freemius SDK to prevent PHP notices
- complete rewrite of plugin using up-to-date WP best practices
- improved interface for adding meta tags including support for creating tags using either the property, charset, http-equiv or itemprop attributes
- added ability to add individual meta tags to specific individual CPTs which can be chosen in settings page
- fixed stripslashes bug
- added languages
- Added danish translation
- Fixed added slashes for apostrophe values
- code styling: code now wrapped in classes
- bug fixed: magic quotes
- bug fixed: character escaping using wp_specialchars on the site and htmlspecialchars on the admin page
- separated the code into two .php files
- meta-tag-manager.php the main plugin file, always loaded, contains minimal code to reduce loading time
- meta-tag-manager-admin.php contains the admin backend parts of the plugin and is only loaded in the backend
- l10n for: de_DE (language file by Martin Lormes)
- meta tags can be flagged to appear on the homepage only
- fixed bug which threw a Notice error when no meta tags were defined
- fixed the bug where the rss feeds kept breaking