When you are creating a website for a customer in WordPress sometimes you need not only design a nice theme, but also customize the administration area with customer’s colors and logos.
Customize your WordPress admin area and login screen with your logos and your color scheme.
MyPress also gives you the opportunity of making your own unique administration area without touching code and without having previous knowledge in CSS or HTML.
You can also set alignment preferences and sidebar position or even set the text orientation for languages that are written from right to left(like hebrew or arabic).
The plugin should be placed in your /wp-content/plugins/ directory and activated in the plugin administration screen.
Once done, just go to Settings and you will see the MyPress’ settings at the bottom.
- Why did you write this plugin?
I started writting this plugin because I wanted a more dynamic and faster way to customize the admin area when I develop a site based on WordPress.
I also wrote it because I wanted to contribute a little bit more to the WordPress project.
- Which are the the benefits of using MyPress?
- This plugin has a very intuitive interface so, you don’t need previous knowledge in languages as HTML or CSS.
- No code is touched, all settings are storaged in the WP options table, therefor you can restore the default admin style by just disabling the plugin.
- Easy, dynamic and fast…just save your preferences and that’s it!
1.0 08/07/10 First MyPress version is up!