Had issue with update to version 7.11, no asnwer for 2 months then more people have reporting issue; got 2 updates in few days but still not working and support answer is anything but rude and "don't care"
this is a great free plugin and I would like also to use it as an entrepreneur. I working to get our website GDPR compliant. Wondering whether this plugin is currently GDPR compliant?
The EU GDPR (Data Protection Act) came into force in May 2018. and i ask you in this regard:
1. Does the plugin store data about my clients? If yes then:
2. what information of my website visitors do you (your plugin) store for what reason,
3. where, on the server’s country, are my clients’ personal data (EU, USA or …) stored,
4. will the data be transferred to a third country, if so, which ones, and
5. when do you delete this data?
6. does this plugin utilize any cookies that affect the users of my site, and if so, can you send a detailed list of these?
Thank’s your help
Whilst I admire the simple nature of this plugin (others are js heavy....), when installed the Media Library [Search] no longer works for the [list] view, fortunately it still works on the [grid] view. The WP install does have lots of other plugins installed, so I certainly acknowledge that it could just be a code conflict elsewhere, however de-activating the plugin re-enables the [Search] across both views. Tested back & forth several times to confirm. If you can live without a [List Search] then it seems do everything else perfectly fine, and I have had no issues with it adversely affecting the WP install. Of course I do regularly back-up!
An excellent plugin that fixes a large lack of WordPress.
But, I have found a couple of drawbacks:
1. After moving an image to a folder it will be visible in the backend but not in the frontend.
I have found a solution: Regenerate the images after moving them, but of course that implies the use of a second plugin.
2. I have analyzed the performance of the plugin in an installation from 0 with P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler), and P3 offers some alarming results, I hope that it is for the absence of other plugins. I'm going to test it on a website with more plugins to see what percentage results.
If these aspects improved, I would go up to 5 stars and start using Organize Media Library by Folders in all my WordPress installations.