A TinyMCE Editor for Tags, Categories, and Taxonomies
The Rich Text Tags Plugin allows you to edit tag descriptions, category descriptions, and taxonomy descriptions using WordPress’ built in rich-text editor. Switch between WYSIWYG and HTML editing modes with the click of a link. Use the WordPress uploader to insert images from your computer or site’s Media Library.
Use the WordPress functions
category_description() in your theme to show the descriptions. To learn how to show taxonomy descriptions, read more on the plugin page.
- Edit term descriptions with WordPress’s built-in WYSIWYG editor
- Works with custom taxonomies (and custom post types, introduced in WP 3.0)
- Now supports user biography fields!
- Upload the
rich-text-tagsfolder to the
- WordPress の「プラグイン」メニューからプラグインを有効化してください
- What is the license of this plugin?
- This plugin is released under a GPL license.
- Neat plugin page image.
Thanks, it’s by Lauren Manning.
Does the job nicely. Thanks for sharing!
Worked like charm! Was very tensed to code for WYSIWYG but finally got this plugin and worked for me. Thanks developer you rock (y)
Useful plugin, thank you
“Rich Text Tags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.貢献者
1.8 on April 11, 2016
- Added compatibility with WordPress 4.5
- Fixed translations
- Fixed “Undefined variable” PHP warning referenced here
- Re-added shortened term descriptions in Term view.
- Fixed HTML “quick tags” button width
- Added Media description support
- Fixed bug that made the password fields disappear in Edit User & User Profile screens.
- Made plugin load even later to allow for more custom taxonomies.
- Fixed issue with filters stripping tags.
- Added support for rich text editing user biography fields!
- Made load a little later for support of more taxonomies
- Plugin now loads later to allow for custom taxonomies
- Fixed: restored
do_shortcodefilter on term descriptions
- The plugin now uses WordPress’s built-in wp_editor() and requires WordPress 3.3
- Added localization support (multiple languages)
- Improved functionality in WordPress 3.2.1
First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'wp_tiny_mce_preload_dialogs'error (issue 625561 and 603480
- Improved plugin layout on main taxonomy page
- Fixed “Attempt to assign property of non-object error” as reported by chp2009
- Shortened term description in the Edit page so the table doesn’t get too long (good idea, DL). You can modify the length with the
- Added support for NextGen Gallery
- Improved Media Buttons support by gathering up stray link buttons
- Added shortcode functionality for term descriptions (tags, categories and taxonomies). Shortcodes will now work in these descriptions.
- Fixed whitespace from being stripped in HTML mode
- Fixed issue where toggling between rich text and HTML editors removed paragraphs and line breaks (issue 473880)
- Added support for WordPress 3.0+
- Improved code structure
- Fixed issues with rich text being stripped by WordPress (issue 386264 and 460685
- Added additional GPL license information
- Added editor uploader/media library capability
- Improved placement of Toggle link
remove_filter( 'pre_term_description', 'wp_filter_kses' );code to allow for HTML in tag,
category, and taxonomy descriptions — since that’s what this plugin does 🙂
- Updated the
readme.txtfile to make clearer
- First version of plugin
- Added link to disable Rich Text Editor