Requires Events Manager (free plugin) to be installed & activated.
Unfortunately, you sometimes have to cancel a planned event. In Events Manager it can be quite cumbersome to make sure you have done everything. This add-on makes that extremely easy!
Just change the Post Status to “Cancelled” and this add-on will automatically:
- Close the Booking Form by adjusting the Event cut-off time to the timestamp of cancellation;
- Change the Event Category to the new “Event Cancelled”;
- Change the Booking Status to the new “Event Cancelled” for selected booking statuses;
- Send the new “Event Cancelled” Email to notify your customers.
- After cancelling an event, it will still be visible in the front end, but the booking form will be closed. This prevents 404-errors for visitors and search engines.
- Refunding online payments remains a manual procedure.
This add-on is fully integrated with the Events Manager Dashboard. These new options will work exactly the same as the built-in ones.
Supports EM in Global Tables Mode
If you are running Events Manager on a WordPress MultiSite with Global Tables Mode enabled, you will probably have noticed that (by default) some features are missing on the sub-blogs. Unlike what the EM Dev told me, it is possible to filter the Admin Events List per Event Category if Global Tables Mode is enabled.
Since version 2.0 this add-on is (almost) fully compatible with that. The only thing still missing, is selecting Events Categories in the Quick Edit menu on sub blogs. But all other features of this add-on run smoothly.
Compatibility with EM – Ongoing Events:
If you cancel a main event, all sub events will be cancelled as well, but if you cancel a sub event, the rest of this Ongoing Series will remain unchanged.
How to test it?
Simply create a test event like any other. Publish it and add yourself as a participant. Then set the test event to “Cancelled” and watch the magic happen.
I am open to your suggestions and feedback!
Please also check out my other plugins, tutorials and useful snippets for Events Manager.
- Download and activate this plugin in your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Fill out a few settings in the plugin options page.
- All set!
Are Refunds automated?
No, if you cancel an event refunding the online payment has to be done manually. Events Manager allows for many Payment Gateway add-ons and all work differently behind the scenes. Also, refunds might be subject to your General Terms & Conditions.
You could consider offering your customer to Move the Booking instead.
Is this add-on compatible with EM Ongoing Events?
Yes, it is. If you have EM – Ongoing Events installed and cancel the Main Event, all Sub Events will be cancelled as well. If you cancel a Sub Event, only that occurrence will be cancelled, leaving the rest of the Ongoing Series as is.
Are you part of the Events Manager team?
No, I am not!
I am not associated with Events Manager nor its developer, Marcus Sykes, in any way.
Events Manager – Event Cancellation はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
“Events Manager – Event Cancellation” をあなたの言語に翻訳しましょう。
- Added: TinyMCE editor to the email content box in the settings page for easier styling.
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- Minor code changes.
- NEW: Creates a new Booking Status for cancelled events.
- NEW: Uses a separately defined email to notify your customers.
- NEW: Option to yes/no send the automated notification email.
- NEW: Select which booking status you want to include.
- NEW: Option to show (and filter!) Event Categories in the Admin Events List.
Also on WP MultiSite and even with Global Tables mode enabled.
- NEW: This add-on is now 100% compatible with EM Ongoing Events.
If installed, and you cancel the main event, all sub events will be cancelled as well. Cancelling one sub event, will not alter the the rest of the Ongoing Series.
- Bug fix: Changed the way bookings are being closed, to prevent fails in some cases.
- Bug fix: Better handling of the Event Categories, depending on the post status.
- Updated: The .pot file for translations.
- Updated: Dutch translation (included in the download).
- Updated: The readme.txt file.
Note: The first two changes free-up the “Rejected” booking status used in previous versions.
- Fixed: Bookings not closing when event has been cancelled.
- Fixed: Labels not showing in Publish Meta Box.
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 5.4.2.
- Confirmed compatibility with PHP 7.4.2.
- New graphics for WP Repository.
- Updated readme.txt.
- Minor code updates.
- Changed the way the status “Event Cancelled” is handled by Events Manager. Making it more stable with fewer lines of code.
- Initial release to the WordPress Repository.