This SVG block allows you to display SVG images as inline HTML markup. You can choose an icon from the icon library with more than 3000 icons or you can upload or input your custom SVG images directly in the block’s setting.
- Accessibility ready with ‘img’ role, automatically generates title and description from settings.
- Automatically sanitize SVG markup to make it safe and lightweight.
- Include almost all settings to customize the SVG image.
- Include a collection of common non-rectangular dividers.
- An icon library included icons from “Bootstrap Icons”, “Ionicons”, “Dashicons” and new “WordPress Icons”.
How to create an icon with custom styles using the icon library:
How to create a non-rectangular background section:
How to create icon buttons:
Please take a look at these custom block patterns that use this block to see how it can be applied to real-world sites.
If this plugin is useful for you, please do a quick review and rate it on WordPress.org to help us spread the word. I would very much appreciate it.
Please check out my other plugins if you’re interested:
- Content Blocks Builder – A tool to create blocks, patterns or variations easily for your site directly on the Block Editor.
- Block Enhancements – A plugin to add more useful features to blocks like icons, box-shadow, transform, hover style, etc.
- Icon separator – A tiny block just like the core/separator block but with the ability to add an icon to it.
- Meta Field Block – A block to display a meta field or an ACF field as a block. It can also be used in the Query Loop block.
- Counting Number Block – A block to display a number that has the number-counting effect.
- Breadcrumb Block – A simple breadcrumb trail block that supports JSON-LD structured data.
- Better Youtube Embed Block – Embed Youtube videos without slowing down your site.
The plugin is developed using @wordpress/create-block.
- SVG Block Display an SVG image as a block, which can be used for displaying icons, dividers...
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/svg-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
What problem does this plugin solve?
It helps to input inline SVG images as blocks easily and safely.
When should we use this plugin?
- When you need to quickly input some icons. It bundles with more than 3000 icons from some popular icons library such as “WordPress”, “Dashicons”, “Ionicons”, and “Bootstrap icons”.
- Or you need to use an SVG image as a divider, or separator. It also bundles with some common non-rectangular dividers like tilts, curves, triangles…
- You can also use it as an image block but for SVG format only like images from undraw.co.
- You can also use it as a button with an icon, and it can be nested inside the Query Loop with the ‘Link to post’ enabled.
Why needs this plugin?
It’s super easy to use. It’s accessibility-ready. It comes with lots of additional features like responsive width and height, responsive spacing (padding and margin), responsive justify alignment, flip, revert, responsive border, border-radius, box-shadow builder…
Who needs this plugin?
Anyone can use this plugin.
SVG Block はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
Release Date – 22 September 2023
- Added – New setting named
linkToPost. The block now can be used in a Query Loop and acts like a link/button with an icon that links to the post
- Updated – Update ‘Requires at least’ to 6.3 for the new HTML API, and new default size controls
- Fixed – Change border from BorderBoxControl to BorderControl
Release Date – 08 September 2023
- FIX – Generate empty variables for margin
Release Date – 03 September 2023
- DEV – Use the default control for border, spacing settings
- DEV – Disable toggle off for width, icon width, gap between icon and text
Release Date – 09 August 2023
- DEV – Update new style for the icon library popup in WP 6.3
- DEV – Refactor code
Release Date – 28 June 2023
- DEV – Use ToolsPanel for inspector controls
- DEV – Improve performance
Release Date – 11 March 2023
- DEV – Update icon library
- DEV – Add more clear help texts for the title and the description
- DEV – Refactor for WP 6.2
Release Date – 09 February 2023
- DEV – Add better support for the ‘Use as button’ feature
Release Date – 03 February 2023
- DEV – Add SVGO GUI tool to the help text
- DEV – Update SDK
Release Date – 27 October 2022
- DEV – Allow clear color for the ColorGradientControl
Release Date – 04 October 2022
- FIX – placeholder’s style is not loading in the site editor
Release Date – 03 October 2022
- FIX – Focus on the search box on the first load
Release Date – 29 September 2022
- REFACTOR – Redesign the placeholder for the block
- DEV – Add divider icons to the icon library
- REFACTOR – Using a data store for the icon library
- FIX – Remove empty style variables and add deprecated for them
Release Date – 18 September 2022
- FIX – Compatibility issue with the Gutenberg plugin
- DEV – Refactor for localization
Release Date – 31 August 2022
- DEV – Add stack context
Release Date – 30 August 2022
- DEV – Change the default value for box-shadow
- FIX – Reset icon lists by clicking on the reset search button
Release Date – 27 July 2022
- FIX – The block makes the page in ‘dirty’ state
Release Date – 26 July 2022
- DEV – Allow the ability to turn the block into a button with text & icon
- DEV – Add ‘auto’ value to the options of width and height
- DEV – Double click on the icon on the modal to insert the icon
Release Date – 01 July 2022
- DEV – Add box-sizing as border-box by default
Release Date – 30 Jun 2022
- FIX – Convert inline style to style object
Release Date – 19 Jun 2022
- DEV – Update SDK
- DEV – Refactor icon library modal
- DEV – Allow uploading SVG files
Release Date – 12 May 2022
- REFACTOR Update sdk
Release Date – 30 April 2022
- FIX – Missing color slug
Release Date – 30 April 2022
- DEV – Upgrade color format
Release Date – 28 April 2022
- DEV – Add title to block registration in JS
Release Date – 21 April 2022
- DEV – Optimize code for performance
Release Date – 19 April 2022
- REFACTOR – Move the PanelColorGradientSettings out of PanelBody
Release Date – 15 April 2022
- DEV – Icon library modal: focus the search box on open, press enter to insert icon
Release Date – 12 April 2022
- FIX – Remove old cached icons due to storage limitation issue.
Release Date – 10 April 2022
- DEV – Update icons pack
Release Date – 07 April 2022
- FIX – Fix typo issue
Release Date – 05 April 2022