Usernoise is a “just works” modal contact / feedback form. It became responsive starting from 3.5 release.
You will not need to change even a line of code in your site.
Usernoise demo is available at usernoise.karevn.com – a “Feedback” button at the left.
Usernoise Pro adds even more features, like:
- Public feedback comments
- CSS customization for every piece of public interface.
- Advanced debug info gathered along with feedback
- Ability to use custom Feedback buttons without code modifications.
- Second email for admin notifications.
- [usernoise] form shortcode to embed the form right into WP pages or posts.
- Adds a customizable “Feedback” button and modal form to your site.
- Bullet-proof visual design will work with any site template.
- Spam-proof. Usernoise is designed in such a way that most of spam bots can’t see its form.
- Admin notifications, feedback archive available at admin area.
- On-page forms added in 3.0
- Lots, lots of options.
- Highest performance possible. From 2.0 release, Usernoise only adds a small link to your site’s HTML.
- IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Safari on iPad supported.
- Usernoise can be disabled on mobile devices.
- WordPress 3.2 is required.
Non-WordPress version is available at CodeCanyon.
If you need Usernoise in your language which is not supported currently – you can help Usernoise by
translating it. Don’t worry, translating is extremely easy – just download a localization template, edit it with your favorite text editor and send to email karev.n (at) gmail dot com. Your help will be really appreciated.
- Arabic – by Ahmad Mohammad
- Deutsch – by Alexander from [http://motday.tk/]
- Brazilian – by Ricardo Silva
- Bulgarian – by Димитър Митев
- Chineze – by Song Zou
- Czech – by Ondřej Fiala
- Dutch – by Reggie Biemans
- Finnish – by Teijo Kulmala
- French – by Brad Coudray
- Greek – by (Artemis Kasomoulis)[http://www.kasomoulis.com/]
- Italian – by Omar D. Molteni aka CyberAngel
- Lithuanian – by Vincent G from [host1free.com]
- Hungarian – by Bálint
- Persian – by Morteza Nazari
- Polish – by Konrad Sztumski
- Portuguese – by rasilva
- Romanian – by Alexis Selăgianu
- Spanish – by Dario Doidos
- Swedish – by Mattias Thurfjell
- Tamil – by Bagerathan Sivarajah
- Turkish – by Can Türk
- Ukrainian – by Vladyslav Cherednichenko
Having problems or need support? Feel free to email me – cherry (dot) dev (at) gmail (dot) com or open a support topic.
usernoisefolder to the
- Go to Settings – Usernoise in admin area of your site, set it up to your needs.
- Usernoise button does not show after installation – Check if your theme has
<?php wp_head(); ?>call at
header.php. Also check if some of your plugins install their own jQuery versions. Feel free to contact me for help.
- I have problems with notification email delivery – It is a generic WordPress problem with outgoing emails. You can use All In One Email plugin to fix it and have HTML emails instead of plain text.
- Can I open a feedback window using some other button? – yes, you just need to upgrade to Usernoise Pro.
- When I fill the feedback form and click “Submit feedback” button – the loader spins, and nothing happens – most probably, you have
define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);in your
wp-config.php, also check if you have Site Url option at the general settings page equal to actual site url (www prefix matters!).
- Is Usernoise spam-proof? — Yes, it almost is. Let me know if you are receiving a lot of spam with Usernoise – I’ll try to help.
- I need Usernoise in my language – Download a localization template, edit it with your favorite text editor, and send me to
karev.n (at) gmail dot com. I will include your translation and credits into the next Usernoise release. It takes 2-3 days usually.
- Can I add some custom fields to Usernoise form? – Yes, you can, but it requires some coding skills. Use
- Usernoise is missing /some feature/ – Feel free to contact me! I really appreciate new ideas.
- Installation Instructions
usernoisefolder to the
- Go to Settings – Usernoise in admin area of your site, set it up to your needs.
Usernoise modal feedback / contact form はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Translations re-scanned
- “Apostrophe in site name” fix.
3.7.13 – 3.7.19
- Translations updated: French, Hebrew
* Minor CSS compatibility fixes
* Translation fixes
* Changed placeholders for logged in users
- DB revision bumped to fix the problem for upgrades.
- Fix: feedback category tabs did not show if 3.7.10 was the first version installed.
- Czech language added.
- Hebrew language added.
- Deutsch localisation updated.
- XSS vulnerabilities fixed.
- Added “Name” field to the form.
- Bug fixed: feedback editor page did not open without Pro installed.
- Mobile detection bugfix
- Improved compatibility for feedback editor.
- Bug fixed that disabled embedded Usernoise if “disable on mobiles” was enabled.
- Removed the padding left at feedback tabs when icons are disabled
- RTL-related CSS fixes
- Mobile detection using Mobile Detect library by Serban Ghita
- An option to allow direct publishing.
- Warning fixed.
- CSS fixes.
- de_DE translation fix.
- Added an option to disable Feedback button and form icons for sake of Bootstrap compatibility.
- Minor CSS fixes.
- On-page form bugfixes.
- Minor housekeeping…
- Editable field placeholders.
- Updated .po files.
- Turkish language.
- Just use <a href=”#usernoise”>link<a> to open Usernoise from anywhere.
- Deutsch translation fixed.
- Russian localization fixed.
- Improved on-page mode.
- Icon on a feedback button added
- More reliable database upgrade mechanism.
- Font Awesome instead of images for icons.
- jQuery 1.9 compatibility fixed.
- jQuery 1.9 compatible
- Minor CSS and validation fixes.
- Greek translation added, thanks to (Artemis Kasomoulis)[http://www.kasomoulis.com/]
- Swedish translation updated.
- Fake release to fix Usernoise auto-updates.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with NextGEN gallery.
- Reverted back to admin-ajax.php entry point due to numerous compatibility issues.
- Added permission management code to activation hook.
- Caching issue fixed.
- Fake release to fix WordPress.org plugin page.
- On-page forms added.
- Lithuanian translation updated.
- Tamil translation added, thanks to Bagerathan Sivarajah.
- Arabic translation added, thanks to Ahmad Mohammad.
- Romanian translation added, thanks to Alexis Selăgianu.
- German translation updated.
- A bug fixed that prevented Tahoma-based style to be shown.
- Helvetica as a default window font.
- Call-time pass-by-reference’s removed for better PHP 5.4. compatibility.
- Returned back a “Font” setting removed by accident.
- Fixed a bug with “ok” button at the thankyou screen.
- Persian language added – thanks to Morteza Nazari
- “Submit” button font size increased
- Updated Lithuanian translation
- Comment bug fixed
- Lithuanian translation added, thanks to Justinas Jakūnas
- A fix for installations with custom url(s).
- Redirection from feedback items at admin improved.
- A fix for “Enable / Disable” usernoise option.
- Russian translation updated, .pot file updated.
- Better compatibility with IE8 when the button is placed at the left or at the right
- iFrame instead of inline div design should dramatically increase compatibility and make it
- Redirect back to feedback list when an item is saved.
- Updated Russian localization.
- .pot file updated
- Added Polish translation, thanks to Konrad Sztumski
- CSS compatibility fix for Avisio theme
- Workaround for Windows hosting problem
- Better info about Pro without throwing to the third party site.
- Upgrade ad only shown on Usernoise pages.
- ‘Usernoise is disabled’ notice removed for non-admin users at admin area.
- Broken theme detector added.
- Updated to latest Plugin Options Framework and HTML Helpers libraries.
- Bulgarian translation updated, thanks to Димитър Митев
- Broken Turkish translation removed
- Typo in “Your feedback has been sent” fixed
- Admin notices removed
- Plugin options framework updated
- Final cleanup before Pro version release
- CSS compatibility with PressWork
- Added Bulgarian translation, thanks to Димитър Митев.
- Added Hungarian translation, thanks to Bálint.
- Added Norwegian translation, thanks to Arnfinn Anda.
- Updated .po files – dear translator, please update your translations.
- Settings page totally rewritten using Plugin Options Framework.
- HTML Helpers updated to latest version.
- Chineze localization added, thanks to Song Zou
- Theme compatibility imporoved: Usernoise is loaded in header by default, but an option to load it in footer added. Loading in footer makes page loading a bit faster, but can be broken easily.
- Removed ads from admin.
- Swedish localization added, thanks to Mattias Thurfjell
- Multilinguality-friendliness. If you’ll blank titles/texts at the admin area – default values will be loaded from localization specific to current WP language.
- Minor event system change.
- CSS compatibility fixed – reset code for height, text-shadow and box-shadow added
- Brazilian localization added, thanks to Ricardo Amaral
- Usernoise auto-disables during update to 0.4.6 – fixed.
- Feedback button CSS compatibility fix.
- Finnish localization added
- Reverted to 0.4.4-like “Feedback” button position
- CSS compatibility improved for “close” button
- A bit of invalid HTML fixed
- Finnish localization updated
- A bug preventing Usernoise from loading with custom entry point files and DOING_AJAX defined fixed.
- Italian localization added
- Code cleanup and minor optimizations
- Compatibility fix should resolve incompatibility with themes having .left, .right classes defined.
- Ukrainian localization added, thanks to Vladyslav Cherednichenko.
- Security fix – dashboard widget should be only visible to editor and administrator users.
- Better compatibility with old jQuery versions.
- Hotfix – “can’t view submitted feedback” problem resolved.
- Deutsch localization added, thanks to Alexander from [http://motday.tk/]
- Duplicated close buttons bug fixed.
- Theme compatibility CSS fixes.
- Conflicts with third party plugins / themes resolved by adding prefixed API.
- Slight refactoring… as usually
- Compatibility with non-standard installs where plugins are not at wp-content
- Minor CSS compatibility fixes
- Spanish localization added, thanks to Dario Doidos
- Turkish localization added, thanks to Emre Aydin
- Added an option allowing to hide Usernoise button on mobile devices
- Direct link to usernoise settings added to admin bar
- Admin bar items not shown when Usernoise features are not available to the current user
- Post type changed to
un_feedbackto avoid conflicts.
- Added an option not to show feedback button border.
- Added a shortcut settings button at the feedback form.
- Security hardening – now only administrators and editors can manage feedback.
- Feedback button removed from HTML code to improve compatibility
- Simplified localization loading
- Admin area fix – feedback types were not shown in Firefox
- Submit feedback button compatibility with themes improved.
- feedback_type_slug WP_Query option added
- Portuguese localization added, thanks to rasilva
- Feedback button z-index increased for sake of compatibility with themes
- “Email feedback author” feature added.
- IE8 with left-positioned button fixed.
- JS code refactored totally, became much more extensible.
- Feedback form is loaded with separate ajax request now.
- Usernoise frontend code is not loaded at the backend now.
- Minor optimization
- Compatibility with older jQuery versions < 1.4.1
- CSS code refactored
- Added “un_feedback_form_body” action to allow adding new fields.
- Dashboard widget added
- IE9 compatibility fix
- “Feedback button position” option added
- French localization added, thanks to Brad Coudray
- Added admin notifications settings
- Duplicated usernoise settings section link in admin UI to make it cleaner
- Bugfix: usernoise did not load jquery, relying on loading it by WP theme
- Feedback form style updated a bit
- Dutch localization added, thanks to Reggie Biemans
- Localization bugs fixed
- Customizable feedback button color
- Customizable form font
- Russian localization
- Added an option not to show email field
- Feedback is ordered by date descending by default
- Hooks added to single feedback item page
- Some bugfixes
- Added some hooks to get prepared for Usernoise Pro
- Minor bugfixes