Display and manage volunteer projects for any purpose.
- Registers custom post type
- Registers metaboxes to the editing screen for project meta fields
This plugin is in beta, and is not yet appropriate for a production site.
Important features like post ordering and administrative settings are absent.
That said, perhaps you will find it useful!
This plugin is in use over at Volunteer Wild
- Upload the
wp-vpmanagerzip file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To get basic functionality, place the [wp-vpm-status] and [wp-vpm-joinbutton] shortcodes in a new project.
You also need to install the following plugins
This plugin depends on the following plugins for some core functionality:
Please make sure all of these plugins are installed and activated before installing WordPress Volunteer Project Manager.
- Will you add custom functionality for me?
Maybe! Contact me and I’ll see what I can do.
- Something doesn’t work. Can you fix it?
I am still learning, and theres a good chance you’ll be able to fix it as well as I. That said, I’ll do my best.
- Enhancement: Use Scope and Difficulty taxonomies by default. You may need to manually deactivate and then re-activate this plugin to popualte the default taxonomy values.
- Bugfix: If dependencies are not met, deactivate the plugin and issue a notice only when an admin logs in.
- Enhancement: Plugin forms now use
<label>s for improved accessibility.
- Bugfix: Remember project settings after a page reload.
- Remove shortcodes as CSS is preferred for styling.
- Better future localization support.
- Better join/waitlist button behaviour.
- Localised CSS to make compatible with WordPress plugin directory.
- Join/waitlist functionality implemented.
- Improved plugin structure.
- Basic plugin sketched out.