WP-Cirrus is a plugin that displays a 3D tag cloud in your WordPress. It can be
used as a widget or anywhere on your blog using the [wp-cirrus] code.
WP-Cirrus was inspired by the famous WP-Cumulus plugin. WP-Cirrus uses no Flash,
Our plugin makes no use of external libraries that have to be loaded with it at runtime
(e.g. jQuery or even Flash). This makes it very small and fast to load.
As it’s still under development more releases will be seen in near future.
Have fun and tell us what you think about it.
- Unzip the plugin archive.
- Create a folder
- Upload the files you just unzipped to this folder.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- That’s it. Now activate it through the widget settings or via the code (see FAQ).
- How can I use the tag cloud on my pages?
[wp-cirrus]code somewhere on the page to display it.
- I found a bug. What can I do?
Please tell us! http://www.ga-ap.de/plugins/wp-cirrus/
- bugfix release
- reduced download size by up to 20%
- reduced download size by up to 60%
- fixed a bug where cloud would not show up in IE6/7
- pages can now be displayed inside the cloud
- fixed a bug with maximum font size
- fixed a bug where cloud would not display with certain themes
- this is the first release that makes use of the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- this one has all features from previous versions
- 0.6 has browser-specific optimized builds
- expect more features and bug fixes to come shortly
- compatibility update
- categories can now be displayed as well
- background and tag font colour can be changed
- removed args and added prettier form fields instead
- fixed error while using shortcode AND widget – shortcode has priority now
- added error handling
- update is highly recommended:
- removed WP version info from script/style
- fixed a problem with overlay on some plugins (e.g. Lightbox 2)
- fixed critical offsetTop bug
- fixed bug where the cloud did not load properly in connection with other plugins
- fixed fast rotating bug (scrolling issue)
- added slowdown on mouse out
- initial public release.