Client: “Can you make it just a bit more interactive?”
You: “UUUmmm, what did you have in mind?” [secretly hoping that they don’t say something you can’t do!]
Here’s why it’s awesome: WP Triggers is the only plugin that creates interactive Trigger Boxes
Unless you are one of thousands of people that have used WP Triggers, that probably doesn’t mean much, but here are just of the potential uses for WP Triggers:
Virtual Scavenger Hunt
Create a simple Zip Code search
Help authors sell more books
Download an ebook
Show special text
Play a secret video
and a lot more
We’ve even created a bunch of video tutorials showing you exactly how to create them: http://www.wptriggers.com/ideas/
Just a note: while this is the Lite version of WP Triggers, some of the more advanced uses will require a $15 upgrade that can be purchased here: http://www.wptriggers.com/upgrade
What is a Trigger Box?
A Trigger Box is the first thing visitors see on a page, at first glance it’s just a simple white box. What comes next creates a connection like no other.
Each Trigger Box is connected to a world of possibility. You’ll be able to show text, documents, videos and more with just one little trigger. – See more at: http://www.wptriggers.com/ideas/
PS: If you come up with a unique use for WP Triggers, let us know! We’d be happy to share a link to your site!
The WP Triggers Team
How to install WP Triggers Lite
- Visit Plugins > Add New
- Search for “WPTriggers Lite”
- Activate WPTriggers Lite from your Plugins page.
- A new admin menu entry for WP Triggers will now display (below Settings)
Create your first Trigger box
To get you started on your way to Trigger box glory, we created a super-simple video: http://www.wptriggers.com/my-first-trigger-box/ but if you want to jump right in, keep reading:
There is no limit to what you can create (ebook downloads, display a secret video, scavenger hunt, etc…) but here is how to create a simple zip code search:
- Go to WP Triggers > New Trigger
- Enter in a name in the top box, for example “Zip Code Search”
- In the LEFT column box type in a bunch of zip code (one on each line)
- In the RIGHT column box type in “Yes! We deliver to your area”
- Scroll down and click the “Save Changes” button
- Once saved go back to the main WP Triggers screen and copy the shortcode in the first line, it will probably be [wptrigger id=1]
- Now go edit any page/widget and paste in that shortcode, save your changes
8 Visit the front end of your website and type in one of your zip codes and prepare to be amazed.
NOTE: You CAN use HTML in any box (this includes adding videos, images, etc..
- Can I put the WP Triggers shortcode in a widget?
You sure can my friend. Go for it.
- I’ve never create a trigger box before, can you help?
Yep, we made a short video for newbies: http://www.wptriggers.com/my-first-trigger-box/
- What else does this thing do?
See a bunch of sweet ideas here: http://www.wptriggers.com/ideas/
- Can I display Youtube/Vimeo videos / images / text / etc…?
Yes! You can display any HTML element. There is no limit
- Since I always consult with him first, what does the most interesting man in the world think about this?
When asked, he said “I don’t always use trigger boxes, but when I do, I prefer WP Triggers.”
- I’m ready for more advanced features, what’s the deal?
The deal is that you can get multiple trigger sets, trigger box stats, the ability to use any email address as a valid trigger and a more for about 15 bucks. Just go here: http://www.wptriggers.com/upgrade This upgrade is like Mario powerup mushroom for your WP website.
- Does WP Triggers have a version for Drupal, Magento or Joomla.