Allow registered users to upload & select their own avatars.
If you like this plugin, you’ll probably like these!
- Download and install using the built in WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate in the “Plugins” area of your admin by clicking the “Activate” link.
- No further setup or configuration is necessary.
How does this work with multisite?
It works OK, but you’ll want to consider exactly what level of privacy is best for your installation.
Where can I get support?
- Community: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-user-avatars
- Development: https://github.com/stuttter/wp-user-avatars/discussions
A lot of people seem to think this replaces the former WP User Avatar... it does not. First, it appears that support is seriously lacking here... look at the numerous support questions left unanswered. A couple that particularly interested me had to do with whether it was possible to allow users to upload their avatar from the frontend. I do not give users access to the Wordpress Admin User page. The old WP User Avatar had a nice simple shortcode which I could use on the frontend. I find there is ZERO documentation here for this plugin and even looking through the code I can find NO shortcode for use on the frontend... so even though those support questions went unanswered, I can see why: there is NO support for user avatar uploads on the frontend. So the bottom line is, if you're looking for something that provides an interface for users on the frontend (like the old WP User Avatar), this plugin will NOT do what you need. One User Avatar does.
Nice and simple plugin. Great replacement for the corrupt ProfilePress (previously WP User Avatar).
As other reviewers are commenting, I'm here after being tricked by the authors of a different avatar plugin. This is doing the job nicely.
I was using rival plugin WP User Avatar (no "s") that just suddenly transformed into this 'ProfilePress' membership plugin adding a bunch of stuff I didn't need, want or asked for. WP User Avatars (this plugin, with an "s") is light weight, functional and does what it says it will do. Please keep it this way...
Glad I found this lightweight replacement for WP User Avatar (no "s"). That plugin was recently changed extensively and rebranded as ProfilePress. I didn't want or need all the stuff they added and am so happy that I found WP User Avatars (with an "s"). It's such a good replacement and it does just what I need, which is to allow me to create custom avatars for my users and authors. Great work!
@johnjamesjacoby, I really hope you will continue to maintain and update "WP User Avatars" now that its main rival has turned into the unwanted and bloated "ProfilePress" - 40,000 new users need you.
WP User Avatars はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
[1.4.1] – 2021-05-29
- Update author info
- Add sponsor link
- Improved support for long file names
- Fix local avatars in comments
- BuddyPress profile styling support
- Rename functions.php to common.php
- Compatibility with future versions of WP User Profiles
- Fix bug with “Default Avatar” display introduced in 1.0.1
- Improved mu-plugins location support
- Use WordPress 4.2+ functions & filters
- Support for User Profiles 0.2.0
- Hide “Profile Picture” section (WordPress 4.4)
- Improve capability mappings
- Improve required file loading
- Remove unused action hook
- Improve support for user dashboard
- Support for WP User Profiles 0.1.7
- Bump assets & update readme’s & metadata
- Improve compatibility with WP User Profiles
- Improve avatar styling
- Retina support for user profiles