Paste the URL of a video’s Yahoo Screen page on a blank line by itself, save, and an embed will appear in its place on the front end. No need for any HTML code: it just works.
(The technical bit: Yahoo Screen allows embeds by appending
?format=embed on the end of the video page URL, this plugin handles that for you, retrieving the embed code and showing it to your site visitors.)
- Upload to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Place a Yahoo video url in post content and save
- Does this handle https?
Yes, it handles both http and https urls.
- I activated the plugin, but I can’t see a settings screen?
Don’t worry, there isn’t one. It just works.
- I pasted a link but no video embed appears?
You must paste the URL on its own line, and it must not be a link. The editor will sometimes auto-link the URL, and if this happens, you must unlink the URL using the editor toolbar.
Please note: Yahoo Screen’s help pages state that ‘it may not be possible to share all videos due to licensing agreements with content partners.’
- Can I use the embed shortcode?
Yes, [embed] shortcodes will also work.
- Does this work for country-specific sites like fr.screen.yahoo.com?
Yes it does.
- Initial release.