By using the Scribd embed block, you can embed various articles, e-books, research papers into your posts and pages. You don’t need a Scribd account to embed an article, although it needs to be public.
Embedded Scribd article
Steps to Embedding a track from Scribd
- Click on the document that you want to embed in your post/page & subsequently click on the “Embed” option
- After clicking on the “Embed” option, a pop-up will appear with several options
It contains several options for you to choose from. Here you can choose the size of your article/e-book, choose the page number it starts from, as well as see a preview of your document.
- After altering the options in the pop-up as per your needs, copy the URL on the top of this pop-up
- Add a Scribd Embed block to your page/post
- Paste the URL copied from the Scribd Embed option in the text box
- Click the “Embed” button. If it’s a link that can be successfully embedded you will see a preview in your editor itself .
If you use a URL that can’t be embedded, the block shows the message “Sorry, this content could not be embedded.”
In that case you’ll have two choices: Try again with a different URL or Convert to link.
7. Click on “Preview” to see how it will look on the front-end
Besides the Mover and Drag & Drop Handle, the Block Toolbar for the [service] embed shows four buttons:
- Transform to
- Change alignment
- Edit URL, and
- More Options.
You can transform a Scribd embed to a Group. This would give you the ability to change the background color around the Scribd embed.
Change Alignment – use reusable Block
- Align left – Make the Scribd post left aligned
- Align center – Make the Scribd post alignment centered
- Align right – Make the Scribd post align right
- Wide width – Increase the width of the post beyond the content size
- Full width – extend the Scribd post to cover the full width of the screen.
“Wide width” and “Full width” alignment need to be enabled by the Theme of your site.
Via the edit URL, you can change the Scribd Embed URL in the embed block. Overwrite the existing URL and click on the “Embed” Button.
Hide Block Settings
The Hide More Settings option hides (or shows) the Block Setting panel in the editor’s sidebar.
Copy can be used to copy a selected block and then you can paste it wherever you want in the editor.
Duplicate can be used to duplicate selected block.
Insert a new block before the selected block(s).
Insert a new block after the selected block(s).
If you select Move To, you will get a blue line inside your content, you can then use the arrows to move that line up and down to where you want the selected content to be moved into, hitting return on your keyboard at that point moves the block to that position.
Select the Group option if you want to create a group of blocks and treat them as a unit. You can for instance add a common background color or other blocks to the group.
With the Remove Block option, you can delete the selected block from your content.
Besides the Advanced section, the Scribd embed has only one setting in the “Block Settings” sidebar: Media Settings.
The “Advanced” tab lets you add CSS class(es) to your block.
The “Additional CSS class(es)” lets you add CSS class(es) to your block, allowing you to write custom CSS and style the block as you see fit.
- Updated 2020-11-27
- added WP 5.6 images
- Removed items from More Options and Advanced
- Updated 2020-08-19
- Replaced “More Options” – new screenshot
- Added “Move To” and “Copy” section under More Options
- Updated 2020-08-11
- Screenshots as per WordPress 5.5
- Embedded VideoPress video
- Created 2020-07-27
この記事は役に立ちましたか ? どうすればさらに改善できますか ?