WordPress allows you to embed your content in any other site easily. This is great if the site in which you are embedding your content supports oEmbed, but in many cases it does not. In these cases you will need to paste the full embed code on the site in question. This plugin provides that embed code for you directly on the post edit screen.
You can also choose to display the post embed code on the frontend, allowing other people to share your content more easily, with the built-in shortcode or content block. The shortcode can be customised to include default width and height options, as well as show the embed code for any other post by optionally specifying the post ID.
- Find your embed code directly on the post edit screen
- Customise the width and height of the embed before copying the code
- Add the embed code to your content with a shortcode or content block
- Fully 5.0 compatible with meta box and custom block type
- Fully backwards compatible with the current Classic Editor
How to contribute
If you want to contribute to Easy Post Embed Code, you can fork the GitHub repository – all pull requests will be reviewed and merged if they fit into the goals for the plugin.
- Embed Code
Installing “Easy Post Embed Code” can be done either by searching for “Easy Post Embed Code” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- WordPress の「プラグイン」メニューからプラグインを有効化してください
- The meta box is not showing for me – what gives?
The embed code meta box will only show for posts that have a status of ‘published’ – it will not show for drafts or private posts as those cannot be embedded externally anyway.
- No really – the meta box is *still* not showing for me!
That’s not even a question, but the answer is most likely that you are using a WordPress version older than 4.4 – the oEmbed feature is only available in WordPress 4.4 and above, so you need to be more up to date in order to use this plugin.
- How do I use the shortcode?
The shortcode to display the embed code for a post is
[embed_code]. If used in the context of a post it will show the embed code for that post, but you can also specify a different post using the ID in the
postparamter. Additionally, you can also set a custom width and height for the size attributes of the embed code, with the default being 500 and 350 respectively.
A shortcode with all the available parameters being used will look like this:
[embed_code post=36 width=800 height=400]
- How do I remove the styling that comes with the plugin?
There is some very minor CSS included for the frontend display of the embed code (mostly for spacing and alignment), but if you would like to remove that and handle it yourself then simply add this line to your theme’s functions.php file or a custom plugin:
add_filter( 'easy_post_embed_code_use_css', '__return_false' );
Easy Post Embed Code はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Improving compatibility with WordPress 5.0+
- Adding shortcode and Gutenberg block for displaying embed code on the frontend.