GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
PrintFriendly is used by millions of people everyday to help them save paper and ink when they print and generate PDFs (Good for the environment and peoples wallet!).
- Print, PDF, and email.
- Stylish, highly polished, intuitive UI/UX that end-users love.
- Editable Preview – change text/image size, and delete to save even more paper and ink.
- PDF – clickable links and custom paper sizes (A4 or Letter).
- Reliable & Fast – Since 2009 we’ve optimized and improved.
Benefits For Publishers
* Automatically detects page content so you don’t have to create print.css.
* Professional: highly polished, stable, and supported.
* Works on HTTP, HTTPS, and password protected sites.
* Customization features (see below)
* Full featured free (ad supported) version and optional Pro Upgrade.
- Print, PDF, Email, options can be on or off.
- Custom headers and footers for the print and PDF.
- Button styles to choose, or use your own text and image/button.
- Include a copyright on print and PDF.
- Use your own CSS for complete creative control or the print or PDF page.
Free – Ad Supported
This highly polished, professional plugin is free to use and fully functional. We maintain, improve, and offer support to all users.
You get all this for free, and in return tasteful ads are displayed in a non-interfering way.
Ads are only shown in the print/pdf/email confirmation window. No other ads are displayed or embedded in the content, or snuck in anywhere else.
For example, click here to see image
Purchase an Ad-Free Subscription
Get a quality product for reasonable price. Remove the ads by purchasing an ad-free subscription. It’s cheap, easy, and straightforward.
Purchase now at PrintFriendly.com/pro
Localized in 30 Languages
PrintFriendly & PDF speaks your language! It detects (based on browser setting) the end-users language and automatically changes language. For example, if your browser is set to Spanish, then PrintFriendly will use Spanish.
A few of our supported languages:
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
Give PrintFriendly & PDF a test drive at PrintFriendly.com
Print, PDF, Email Privacy & Data
PDFs are generated on our server; this plugin “phones home”. Also if the end-user shares the page via email, the email is sent by our server.
Our Fundamental Principles:
- We do not sell data. Period.
- We do not share data, unless compelled by the law.
- We do not ask for personal information, unless it’s needed to provide a service.
- We don’t store personal information, unless required for the on-going operation of service.
Specifically, here’s what we do with the data and information:
Page content is not sent or stored on server, except to generate the PDF. After the PDF is generated, we temporarily store the PDF to allow the end-user time to download. After this time has expired, the PDF is permanently deleted.
Email Address & Content get permanently deleted In order to send the email, we need to store the email address and message on our server. After the email has been sent and found not to be a spammer, the email address is permanently deleted.
Server log files get created and deleted. Browsers and Servers pass non-personally-identifying information, such as the browser type, language, referrer, and the date/time. We may use this data to analyze how the service is being used. Non-personally-identifying aggregate data may get published, e.g., by a report on trends in the usage of the service.
- Search for PrintFriendly in your WordPress backend and click install, or download the printfriendly.zip file and unzip it.
- If you downloaded the zip, upload the printfriendly folder into wp-content/plugins folder
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress Admin area.
- Select “Settings” to customize button style and placement.
Print, PDF, Email by PrintFriendly はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
- Fix documentation links
- Escape HTML for custom text if users do not have capability
- Tested against 6.0
- Better detection of Google Analytics
- Fix: Allow HTML in button custom text
- Fix PHP Notice
- In category pages, the default behaviour of button added by shortcode/template is to link to a printable version of the individual posts. Sometimes, it is desirable to print the category page itself and not the individual posts. Added new template function/shortcode to always print the current page to use in this scenario.
- Add support for newer google analytics versions and google tag manager
- Add support for custom CSS selectors
- Improve the settings UI
- Fix: jQuery.fn.load() is deprecated
- Fix: Specific categories do not accept more than one entry
- Tested against WP 5.8
- Tested against WP 5.7
- An easier and intuitive settings screen
- Use custom CSS directly without the hassle of uploading files
- Pickup email and domain automatically
- Added option to show button only for select categories
- Update translations
- Fix: Two buttons are shown when excerpt is used
- Fix: The custom CSS was included in the page erroneously
- Update deprecated jQuery to prevent deprecation log noitice.
- CSS Bug fix for center align of PrintFriendly Button
- Bug fix for PrintFriendly button alignment.
- Fix error from deprecated contextual help. Change printfriendly button CSS styles from internal (head) to inline (link). This ensures all styles are removed when button is not present.
- Remove unnecessary closing style tag. Add outline:none to printfriendly button link to remove outline on click.
- Improvements to CSS and how we load JS. Moved button CSS from page head to a separate stylesheet. Load JS using async attribute (now that all major browsers support async attribute, we need not insert JS dynamically)
- New Feature: Password protected image option. Select this option if your images are password protected so they can be included in PDFs.
- Make save options work without Pro field(email, domain) validation check.
- Plugin copy and style changes. No functionality changes.
- Fix client side pro domain validation.
- Integrate instant free Pro Trial, and Pro status.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.