If you need to reorganize your tags and categories, this plugin will make it easier for you. It adds two new options to the Bulk Actions dropdown on term management pages:
- Merge – combine two or more terms into one
- Set parent – set the parent for one or more terms (for hierarchical taxonomies)
- Change taxonomy – convert terms from one taxonomy to another
It works with tags, categories and custom taxonomies.
- Go to
WP-Admin -> Posts -> Categories.
- Find the Bulk Actions dropdown.
- Reorganize away.
I, scribu, will not be offering support for this plugin anymore (either free or paid).
Fixes are submitted by other contributors, on Github.
Works great , thanks
THANK YOU! Exactly what I needed to organize 399 legacy Categories without breaking anything. Saw it mentioned in a blog post of 2014.
- improved taxonomy cache cleaning. props Mustafa Uysal
- added ‘term_management_tools_term_changed_taxonomy’ action hook. props Daniel Bachhuber
- fixed redirection for taxonomies attached to custom post types. props Thomas Bartels
- added Japanese translation. props mt8
- preserve term hierarchy when switching taxonomies. props Chris Caller
- added ‘term_management_tools_term_merged’ action hook. props Amit Gupta
- fixed error notices
- added Persian translation
- added ‘Change taxonomy’ action
- more info