Easily integrate the powerful search tool Algolia directly into your WordPress website. Quickly index all of your website’s content and provide lightning fast and accurate search results within minutes!
Built and supported by WebDevStudios, the website agency behind Custom Post Type UI, WP Search with Algolia immediately improves search on your website. Your users will be impressed!
Enable Autocomplete and Instantsearch to immediately provide a more robust search experience to your visitors. Plus, you receive full control over the look, feel, and relevance of your users’ search experience.
- One-click indexing of all content in WordPress
- Relevant, faceted ready search results in milliseconds with native typo-tolerance from Algolia Search
- Super granular control on search content relevancy and content positioning
- WordPress hooks and filters available for easy customization of indexed content.
Introducing WP Search with Algolia Pro, our new premium version of WP Search with Algolia! Pro features include:
- WooCommerce support
- Indexing Product data including SKU, pricing (standard and variable), sales, and short descriptions.
- Total sales and total ratings indexed for popularity
- Advanced SEO support with Yoast SEO and All in One SEO
- Content level settings to exclude individual content from the search index
- Set Algolia’s indexing to match with existing search engine “noindex” settings
- Multisite Network-wide support coming soon!
Are you ready to go Pro? Check out WP Search with Algolia Pro on Pluginize!
This plugin is a derivative work of the code from the Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results plugin for WordPress, which is licensed under the GPLv2.
If you have the Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results plugin installed, please deactivate it first.
From your WordPress dashboard:
- Visit Plugins > Add New
- Search for “WP Search with Algolia”
- Activate WP Search with Algolia from your Plugins page
- Click on the new menu item “Algolia Search” and enter your API keys
- Read the step by step configuration guide
I see you now have a Pro addon, what features are available with it?
When you purchase a copy of WP Search with Algolia Pro you are getting access to the start of WooCommerce integration as well as Search Engine Optimization mirroring.
With WooCommerce, you’ll be able to manage settings to start including product information as part of indexed products, including out of box display with both Autocomplete and Instantsearch hit templates. You can also include details like product SKU values, total sales, and ratings to help with index ranking and relevance.
With SEO settings, you can configure your content to manage itself in your Algolia indexes based on your “noindex” settings from your dedicated SEO plugins.
We intend to continue adding and evolving all the extra features in WP Search with Algolia Pro
Is this plugin a fork?
Yes. The Algolia Team no longer supports their original plugin. The engineering team at WebDevStudios has forked the original plugin, and is now maintaining it.
Should I switch to this plugin?
Yes. Because Algolia no longer supports their plugin, you will no longer receive updates. WebDevStudios uses Algolia on many of its projects, and is committed to maintaining this plugin.
How do I switch from the “Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results” plugin?
- Deactivate the Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results plugin
- Follow the installation instructions
- Activate WP Search with Algolia
- Check for your API Keys. They should already be there, if not, enter them and then save settings
- Delete the Search by Algolia – Instant & Relevant results plugin
What are the minimum requirements?
- Requires WordPress 5.0+
- PHP version 7.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- cURL PHP extension
- mbstring PHP extension
- OpenSSL greater than 1.0.1
- Some payment gateways require fsockopen support (for IPN access)
Visit the WP Search with Algolia server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Where can I find WP Search with Algolia documentation and user guides?
Will it work with my theme?
Yes. This plugin should work with most themes that do not override the default WordPress search behavior. Instant Search results page may require some styling to make it match nicely. See the Search Page Customization.
Where can I report bugs, request features, or contribute to the project?
All development is handled on GitHub.
WP Search with Algolia はオープンソースソフトウェアです。以下の人々がこのプラグインに貢献しています。貢献者
Follow along with the changelog on Github.
- Fixed: Performance issues related to delete operations.
- Fixed: Performance issues around WP All Import.
- Added: Support for syncing imported items when “fast mode” from WP All Import enabled.
- Added: Support for updating child posts if parent post’s slug has been updated.
- Added: Support for updating posts when an associated term has been updatd.
- Added: Wait for delete operations to complete before moving to updates.
- Updated: Algolia Search library to 4.18.x
- Updated: InstantSearch library to 4.56.x
- Updated: Ensure reindexing completes when using the from_batch flag with CLI.
- Updated: Assigned Algolia_Admin instance to a property for access elsewhere.
- Updated: Autocomplete template file with user link fix when cmd/ctrl clicking.
- Updated: Class method visibility from protected to public.
- Updated: Fixed hits per page configuration for instantsearch
- Added: Custom hook for settings page override.
- Updated readme.txt with more plugin information.
- Repositioned help info on settings screens.
- Introduction of WP Search with Algolia Pro availability.
algolia_custom_template_locationfilter to allow specifying custom template locations besides just your active theme.
- Templates: added action hooks at the end of Autocomplete and Instantsearch hit template blocks.
algolia_changes_watchersfilter to also receive the current indices.
- Added watcher support for term and user meta updates.
- Updated bundled CSS to better match selectors for default used widgets in the templates.
- Clarified some details around Autocomplete settings and what can be done in each setting state.
- Updated admin menu icon to use Algolia logo when no settings configured.
- Increase minimum PHP version to PHP 7.4
- Fixed PHP8 compatibility issues
- Prefixed Algolia library to avoid potential conflicts with other code using the same libraries.
- Revised copy and wording around the plugin for better clarity.
- Deprecate the
algolia_should_require_search_clientfilter in favor of prefixed Algolia PHP Client namespace
- Update autocomplete template to use addEventListener instead of onload function
- Update Algolia InstantSearch.js to 4.49.1
- Add algolia_should_override_autocomplete filter to override enable/disable status of Autocomplete
- Add from_batch argument to the re-index WP-CLI command
- Update excluded custom post types and taxonomies to include Core WordPress’ internal CPTs and taxonomies
- Update Algolia logos to match the latest version
- Remove jQuery usage and dependency from templates
- Update Algolia InstantSearch.js to 4.49.0
- Update Algolia PHP API Client to 3.3.2
- Add alert to Push Settings button on the Search Page.
- Replace attributesToIndex index setting with searchableAttributes.
- Replace outdated Instant Search widget class.
- Improve drag and drop column description text on the Autocomplete page.
- Remove inline CSS for Max. Suggestions input.
- Update Algolia InstantSearch.js to 4.40.5
- Update Algolia Autocomplete.js to 0.38.1
- Update Algolia PHP API Client to 3.2.0
- Add algolia_update_records filter to allow inspection and filtering records during update operation.
- Add algolia_re_index_records filter to allow inspection and filtering records during re-index operation.
- Catch some Aloglia PHP Client exceptions that were previously uncaught during record updating and re-indexing.
- Fix an issue where SearchIndex::saveObjects was called twice during re-index operations.
- Update Algolia PHP API Client to 3.1.0
- Fix for users that enable intstantsearch but not autocomplete by adding algoliasearch client as direct dependency of both
- Breaking changes for users with customized autocomplete.php / instantsearch.php template in their theme.
- Update autocomplete.php and instantsearch.php templates for compatibility with new JS libs.
- Update Algolia InstantSearch.js to 4.25.2
- Update Algolia Autocomplete.js to 0.38.0
- Update Algolia PHP API Client to 3.0.2