Sometimes you want to put the base URL (that of the blog, or that of the active template) in your content editor. Times when the template customising isn’t quite flexible enough.
With this plugin you can use [home_url] to output the base URL of the blog (as set in your Settings). Or, you can use [theme_url_template] to output the URL of the active template. And You can use the [UPLOAD_URL] to output the URL of the upload folder.
<img src="[UPLOAD_URL]/2022/02/test.png /> in your editor might output
<img src="http://localhost/wp-demo/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/test.png" /> (if http://localhost/wp-demo is what you have configured as your blog URL in Settings).
The supported short codes are as follows:
* [home_url] – the configured blog URL (set in Settings). E.g. http://localhost/wp-demo
* [theme_url_template] – the URL of the active template. E.g. http://localhost/wp-demo/wp-content/themes/mytheme
* [UPLOAD_URL] – the URL of the upload folder. E.g. http://localhost/wp-demo/wp-content/uploads
This plugin uses the GPLv3 license.
Use WordPress Add New Plugin feature, searching “BASIC URL ShortCodes”, or download the archive and:
- Unzip the archive on your computer
basic-url-shortcodesdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use shortcode & enjoy
There are no FAQs at this time. Feel free to suggest some!