Installed this plugin on a Friday, duplicated a post and saved it as a draft with "backup" and the date added to title, as well as the default -2 added to slug.... came back on Tuesday to re-write the original article. Turns out that for the 4 days I was away, the original article that I duplicated was producing a 404 error.I googled this issue and Yoast's answer to another guy with this issue was to deactivate all non-yoast plugins and try a different theme. That's wild, all this plugin should be doing is duplicating a post's meta and presenting it as a draft to be saved or published, nothing else... and i shouldn't have to worry about plugin conflicts. I'll be removing it and making manual clones of posts for draft backups from now on, unless there is another plugin that actually clones posts without breaking the original. Crazy...
Esta herramienta es genial y es un básico a tener. De lo más mejor que tiene es su simplez y sencillez, además de la opción de re-escribir (es lo que hace que la elija por encima de otras)
Un unico punto que le añadiría sería la opción de poder hacer más de una copia a la vez, poder seleccionar a la hora de hacer copy el número de veces que quiero que me la copie
Yoast Duplicate Post is a great plugin that does exactly what it says it will do. It copies posts and pages, making it an easy way to create multiple versions of the same content. However, when Yoast bought the plugin, they made some unwelcome changes. The name of the plugin is now Yoast Duplicate Post, which just by seeing the word Yoast there, makes it seem like you have to pay for the plugin in order to use it. At first a little and then without notice a 500% price increase just like Yoast SEO Premium... This isn't the case, as the free version still works perfectly well, but it's a bit irritating that they've changed the name in such a way. Aside from this small issue, Yoast Duplicate Post is still a great plugin and works as expected.
When I tried to update one page on my site, I kept getting a ‘500 internal server error’ message. I tried disabling all my plugins, checking the .htaccess file and resetting the PHP memory limit. My hosting team could find nothing amiss and had no suggestions. As a long shot, I cloned the page with Yoast Duplicate Post and binned the original. Hey presto! Problem solved.
One of the most useful and used plugins in my arsenal. Thanks guys.