Verbatim gives readers the ability to highlight any text content on your page and generate and share a link to that content. When other users click the link, the page will scroll to the content and highlight the selected link. Verbatim also allows direct tweeting of the link for instant sharing of content!
Verbatim was developed by nclud, in Washington, D.C.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Adjust user settings in the ‘Settings’ menu
- Initial build of Verbatim
- Updated twitter functionality to include Bitly link and shorten selection to within 140 characters.
- Added ability to select and link to images as well as text
- Several bug fixes
- Updated user interface
- Added ability to use text/image selection on iOS/android devices